Quantcast

Are these schools okay for my stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Angel_Eyes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey...
getting a little nervous about all of this money here. Do I have a chance at these schools? I have a 3.7 GPA...somewhat of a downward trend, a 3.57 science, I've been an athlete all through college and did volunteer/clinical work at an adult care home for two summers. I take my MCAT in Aug. (I know! But I didn't have time to take it before because our season is in full-swing in April)

Here are my schools:
Baylor
U. of Michigan
Case Western Reserve University
U. of Arizona
Tulane University
Creighton
UT-Galveston
UT-Houston
UT-Southwestern
UT-San Antonio

I'm thinkin' Baylor and U. Michigan might be too much of a reach!
I hope....key word being hope...that I can get at least a 27-30 on my MCAT...more toward 28 :) But I'm having trouble findng the time to study and don't usually do well on standarized tests.
Anyway... what do ya'll think?

exigente chica

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck with MCAt's..be positive, and if you don't do well study alot this fall when your not in season and try again in April, if you can.
I would apply to some more schools, that are not as competitive..and always it's better to be safe tehn sorry.

Jalby

I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think you will probably be fine if you are a Texas resident. Being an Athlete with a 3.7 GPA is pretty damn good, so if you can score a 28, you should be fine. You might consider adding a few more lower tier schools. (~2)

Doctora Foxy

Meow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Add a few more lower tier schools...other than that, lookin' good! Best of luck in August! :)

Angel_Eyes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
well, I am not an official texas resident but I could have been if I would have tried for it, my parents live in tx. I claimed AZ residency but if I don't get in this year I will claim tx next year...but DA%@ it I am getting in this year!!! +pissed+

How's that for thinking positive??
:D
Thanks guys.