Are these schools still sending out invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mistress S

Don't mess with the S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am probably going to call these schools and ask myself next week, but if anyone knows now if any of them are done sending out interview invites that would be good to know. I am waiting to hear from all of these post-sec:

Einstein
U Miami
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson (someone posted on another thread that their interview spots are full, can anyone confirm this?)
GW

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I got an invite from Temple last week...and they're interviewing for all of February. Good luck!

I'm still waiting to hear from Vermont. They're interviewing through some of March and they told me it could still be weeks until I hear anything. I also haven't heard from Columbia or Harvard, but I've pretty much written them off.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just recieved an interview invite from Vermont so they are still coming. It was for early march. I was an august mcat-er. good luck. :)

I received an interview about 10 days ago for Albert Einstein on 3/30.

I had an invite from Einstein on 1/19 for 3/23 and Jeff on 2/1 for 2/9.

Hope that helps.

How about from Emory? Any interviews recently?

Drexel will be interviewing into May.

I cancelled my Einstein interview for 3/16, so maybe they will invite someone else.

Alexander Pink said:
I cancelled my Einstein interview for 3/16, so maybe they will invite someone else.

Hi Alexander, when did you cancel your interview? I have an interview for late March, and am desperately looking to move my interview date up :)

docjolly said:
Hi Alexander, when did you cancel your interview? I have an interview for late March, and am desperately looking to move my interview date up :)

I think 2 days ago.

So I called admissions offices today, and here is what I was told:

Drexel: interviews conducted until early May, invites still being sent although person I spoke with did not know how much longer they would be doing this

Jefferson: invites/interviews until April

Temple: invites being sent until March

U Miami: invites/interviews until April

GW: Should finish reviewing apps in pre-interview hold the end of this week and send out invites to some of those

I couldn't get ahold of anyone at Keck, and einstein sent an "app complete" e-mail explicitly saying not to contact them so I'm scared to call. All of the schools I spoke to claimed to not be finished sending out invites, although that contradicts what I have heard about some of them on this board, so who knows. I was surprised especially by Jeff and U Miami claiming invites are sent into April, I checked to make sure they didn't just mean interviews are conducted until then but the people answerign phones may not have the most accurate info either. It gave me a little bit of hope, but it does seem like not very many invites are sent in Feb. If people have more info about what's going on at these schools, please share!

Thanks for the information. I had called Keck last week and the lady said that they interview until the end of April.

So there is still time. Hopefully everyone can get some love from the schools they're still waiting on. But I'm wondering if all of these late interviews are due to an excess number of applicants this year compared to last year because I'm pretty sure the number should increase this year.

Just got a GW invite today! So they're definitely still inviting! :thumbup:

About the don't call Einstein for status info...

I finally broke down and called them because I've been living in fear of my bulk email filter loosing the email interview invitation. I just told the nice lady in admissions my fears, and she asked me my AMCAS# just like any other school and told me my status (sadly, rejected, with a letter sent 2/3). They were very nice about it.

Thought this might help some of you!

Mistress S said:
Just got a GW invite today! So they're definitely still inviting! :thumbup:

Hey Mistress S...congrats! Did they contact you by email or snail mail for that invite...just b/c i think my rejection letter is en route....thanks!

Congrats Mistress!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

i'm "on hold" at GW, whatever that means... so i assume they're still inviting...

I got an invite from Jefferson a little over a week ago, so they're still sending out interview invites. I'm waiting on Emory and Tufts still, so I hope they're still inviting!

I just recieved an invite for Thomas Jefferson about 2 weeks ago or so. My interview date isn't until March 30th though, so I don't know how much longer they will be sending out invites. I am still waiting on Emory though. Hopefully I'll hear something soon.

About a month ago, I sent an e-mail to Emory asking about status and dates of interviews and she said that if you are chosen for an interview, you will hear by e-mail by the end of February. So, you people out there waiting to hear from them, don't give up yet!

does anyone know about Yale? are they done?