Are they the same?? ek

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halakkala

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I was going to order the ek 1001 questions, and I've noticed that there are 2 versions: The 2007 and 2003 version.

Are they the exact same thing? The 2003 version is cheaper and I debating which one to get.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Which EK 1001? The only EK practice book that got a recent change that I can think of is EK 101 Verbal. If you really meant EK 101 Verbal, go with the older book. The newer version contains the same passages, but they cut questions to get the book to the new format.

Which EK 1001? The only EK practice book that got a recent change that I can think of is EK 101 Verbal. If you really meant EK 101 Verbal, go with the older book. The newer version contains the same passages, but they cut questions to get the book to the new format.

Hello! My bad, I though the EK 1001 and the content books were the same for some reason.

Also, I posted this on another thread, but not sure if you saw it. Do you mind having a look? Thanks!

"Hi SN2ed

I plan on studying for ~55 days for 10 hours a day. ~20 days for review and ~30 days for FL tests.

I have taken the MCAT last year, and did very poorly in verbal, and I wasn't able to perform in both PS and BS to my full potential. However, I do have a very good knowledge in BS and PS right now because I have taken many courses this year that is closely related to them. I have also been doing a lot of VR passages, and have been improving (still needs some work though).

So my schedule will be 2 EK sections 6/7 days a week for BS and PS and doing all of the 1001 passages every day that corresponds to the chapter. I will also do 1 FL every other day in the last 30 days.

Is this a good idea? I think it will work, but wanted to get other opinions. Thanks!

*PS I have a high GPA >3.9, and I need 35+ in the MCAT"

Members don't see this ad :)
You're probably fine with the content review books being old. EK hasn't done any big changes in awhile.

Yeah, I saw your post, but I didn't want to derail the thread into an ask SN2ed thread :p

First off, why do you "need" a 35+? Having a goal isn't bad, but if you're consistently scoring well you should take the MCAT. Next, make sure you're using all NEW practice material when you're studying for your retake. Also, since verbal was your big problem, you should do more than just EK 101 Verbal. It'd be a good idea to hunt down TPRH Verbal Workbook and EK 16 mini MCAT. You should aim for at least 3-4 verbal passages per day, excluding break days and FL days.

Normally, you'd probably be okay with only EK 101 Verbal for that length of time, but you mentioned, it's a weakness. Hence, I think it's best if you do a few more passages per day.

To reiterate, GET NEW PRACTICE MATERIAL.

Did I mention GET NEW PRACTICE MATERIAL?

You're probably fine with the content review books being old. EK hasn't done any big changes in awhile.

Yeah, I saw your post, but I didn't want to derail the thread into an ask SN2ed thread :p

First off, why do you "need" a 35+? Having a goal isn't bad, but if you're consistently scoring well you should take the MCAT. Next, make sure you're using all NEW practice material when you're studying for your retake. Also, since verbal was your big problem, you should do more than just EK 101 Verbal. It'd be a good idea to hunt down TPRH Verbal Workbook and EK 16 mini MCAT. You should aim for at least 3-4 verbal passages per day, excluding break days and FL days.

Normally, you'd probably be okay with only EK 101 Verbal for that length of time, but you mentioned, it's a weakness. Hence, I think it's best if you do a few more passages per day.

To reiterate, GET NEW PRACTICE MATERIAL.

Did I mention GET NEW PRACTICE MATERIAL?

Hi SN2ed!

Thanks for the reply. I have went through EK 101 twice already and went through TPRH + Kaplan work book verbal once. I will be doing TPRH again and doing the TBR verbal starting next week.

Also, I've been doing verbal for Kaplan FL tests for the last few months and I've almost completed them all. I've been doing 1-2 passages at a time, but Im not sure if that's a good idea.

I will be using EK series for BS and PS this time around along with TBR and TPRH verbal. Also, I plan on doing GS FL and redoing AAMC passages (I think it will still be beneficial, even though my marks will be slightly inflated)

So you think my plan is good? I am just worried that I wont be able to finish 2 chapters per day for 20 days. I need 35+ because I want to get into top tier schools and I want to show the adcoms that the first MCAT was a fluke. Thanks!