Are TPR MCAT Practice Tests Crushing Your Soul Too?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spr1ngrolls

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Soooooo my exam date is set for May 13th and I just finished the TPR Course Review on April 9th.... I started taking the TPR practice tests and it's seriously just blowing my mind. I seriously struggle so much with every portion and my scores for each portion are waxing and waning like crazy...

TPR MCAT Course 3 (Before finishing all the review): 497
TPR MCAT Course 4 (After finishing all the review): 499
TPR MCAT Test 1: 501
TPR MCAT Test 2 (kinda had an anxiety attack during this): 495
TPR MCAT Review Test 1: 500

Seriously so demoralizing... anyone else having the same problem??

Members don't see this ad.

Soooooo my exam date is set for May 13th and I just finished the TPR Course Review on April 9th.... I started taking the TPR practice tests and it's seriously just blowing my mind. I seriously struggle so much with every portion and my scores for each portion are waxing and waning like crazy...

TPR MCAT Course 3 (Before finishing all the review): 497
TPR MCAT Course 4 (After finishing all the review): 499
TPR MCAT Test 1: 501
TPR MCAT Test 2 (kinda had an anxiety attack during this): 495
TPR MCAT Review Test 1: 500

Seriously so demoralizing... anyone else having the same problem??
My exam is on the 13th as well!
I am totally with you....after taking (& during) TPR exams I cry a little inside:cryi: lol
Have you taken AAMC full lengths? It is definitely easier to take because with these I have time left but for TPR ones I am fighting with time:penguin:
Some say TPR ones are really content-heavy and are not very representative of the real test...

But I'm trying to be positive and master internal locus of control:joyful: by thinking that every question I get wrong now I will get right on test day!!

Good luck on your prep and I hope you kill it on test day!!:highfive:

TPR is really not representative at all. They're severely deflated and the tests are much harder content-wise. Take the AAMC sample test or FL for a better idea of where you stand before you freak out!

Reactions: 1 users
My exam is on the 13th as well!
I am totally with you....after taking (& during) TPR exams I cry a little inside:cryi: lol
Have you taken AAMC full lengths? It is definitely easier to take because with these I have time left but for TPR ones I am fighting with time:penguin:
Some say TPR ones are really content-heavy and are not very representative of the real test...

But I'm trying to be positive and master internal locus of control:joyful: by thinking that every question I get wrong now I will get right on test day!!

Good luck on your prep and I hope you kill it on test day!!:highfive:

haha that's a really good mentality! I can't help but feel like I should have pushed my date until June 1st... I'm going to lose my mine.

No I haven't taken the AAMC full lengths yet. I wanted to get a reasonable-ish score before I even attempted them but honestly i'm at the point where I feel like I've just taken so many of these tests and seen no real improvement..

Members don't see this ad :)
TPR is really not representative at all. They're severely deflated and the tests are much harder content-wise. Take the AAMC sample test or FL for a better idea of where you stand before you freak out!

That's what i've heard, but which test (besides the AAMC material) do you think is most representative?

This. I wrote the MCAT yesterday and I can say for a fact that TPR is not representative of the real thing. BUT, I will admit that TPR CARS section was very helpful in preparing me for passage type of questions. I know some people disagreed with the way they advised on approaching the passage (i.e going through all the questions first, ranking passage) but I've used most of the techniques they recommended (except for the strategy where you rank all the passages before answering questions) and at least for my part it helped me tremendously. Ngl though, my TPR FL scores were really discouraging and it gave me multiple anxiety/panic attacks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user