Are U going to WesternU???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cliff Burton

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ahoy there,

I want to hear from the class of 2003. I just got accepted and am stoked about going!

If there is already a page like this, tell me, if not drop me a line with a little about yourself.

I'm from Carmel Valley, CA, went to UCSC, and currently live in SF.

Hope to hear from you,

Cliff.

Members don't see this ad.

Cliff,

Congrats, it is good to hear of another UCSC grad going to medical school. I graduated from UCSC in 1995 in Biology. Did you apply to medical school through Rosejoanne? She is a very nice lady. Anyways, I am going to WesternU in the fall as well. Right now I'm finishing my M.S. in Cancer Biology at Cal State Hayward. Send me an e-mail, and on the "old" WesternU thread you can find the e-mails of 3 other COMPers, premed1, NickCVM, and JY. WesternU is a great school and I think we will find a lot of other UC alumni going there. By the way, have you heard the good news about UCSC? We were recently ranked 15th for public universities in US News and World Report. Our ranking ties us with University of Minnesota and Univ. of Texas Austin. Go slugs (finally we've kicked UC Riverside's butt in the rankings!)

EDGAR

Cliff,

Congrats. It is still unclear where I will be going this fall. COMP is a great school. I was at SBMC yesterday observing surgery there. It was great. I can not wait to start school again.

kind regards
Cliff

Members don't see this ad :)
Cliff,

From what I understand, you have been accepted to KCOM and are waiting to see if COMP will give you admission as well? I looked at your profile and it said you are from Santa Monica. I'd imagine it will be tough to make a choice if COMP gives you the "fat" envelope. Personally if I had to make a choice between living in Kirksville and Los Angeles, I would definitely choose LA. I hope I never have to leave California, I just love it! If things go my way, I'll do my residency here as well and set up my practice in my home state. I guess one can always dream of getting a job in California.....

EDGAR

Edgar.

Either I way I am psyched. Ever visited Kirksville yourself? It is not exactly what you expect. But you are right, I love SoCal. I am going to practice here regardless of where I get my education, but I do hope I am able to stay in this neck of the woods. I have to wait like a good boy for anything to change.

I would like to organize some evening, where we try to get a bunch of future physicians together to talk, &c. Let set a date in April out here. Sound good?

Later.
cliff

This be old. 6 years old. I was 11 back then lol.