Are we supposed to send in our new Fall 2009 transcripts once we get them?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gmreed2

OMS-III
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are we supposed to send our official transcripts into all medical schools that we have completed a secondary for once we receive the grades this semester? I didn't know if it was more or less of a required or recommended thing to do.

Members don't see this ad.

No, an official transcript isn't generally sent at this time. A rare school might ask for it, in which case you'd do so. You may send a summary of your fall grades to schools in an update letter, if you wish. I would not do this is the news isn't good.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we supposed to send our official transcripts into all medical schools that we have completed a secondary for once we receive the grades this semester? I didn't know if it was more or less of a required or recommended thing to do.

I seriously hope none of the schools I applied to require it to make an admissions decision!! My Fall grades are not gonna be anything to write home about!!!

bannie22:
remember how SUNY-Upstate asks for the list of current courses, I'm thinking they may ask to the corresponding grades at the end of the term. What do u think?

UCSD asks for a list of courses and grades at the interview.