Are you a dork, nerd or geek??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are you a dork, nerd or geek??

• Dork

Votes: 50 24.6%
  • Nerd

Votes: 94 46.3%
  • Geek

Votes: 22 10.8%
  • None of the above

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters

lilmissangel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you classify yourself as and how do you differentiate between the three?

I LOOOOVE school and studying, but I'm also very social and can't stay indoor or infront of the TV too long without going crazy...so which one would I be?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
you know that a dork is a whale's dick right?

nerds are better than geeks right? Because geeks are just wannabe pseudonerds that aren't smart but play video games and never take showers and have halitosis and date girls online and play halo 24/7 and watch a lot of japanese anime, and are usually obese with a mixture of grease-lightning hair.

Maybe if I was one of those I'd be doing a little better at this premed stuff...haha!

SuziQ said:
Maybe if I was one of those I'd be doing a little better at this premed stuff...haha!

You got into VANDERBILT. Quit doubting yourself.

I'm a dork/whale penis.

Annabella said:
This reminds me of those OkCupid tests.

Here it is: Are you a Nerd, Geek, or Dork?.

THANKS!!!
That really did help. Here are my results according to the website:

Pure Nerd
60 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 21% Dork
For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

Hahaha, they actually say congrats at the end!!!
Now I can participate in my own poll.

Pure Nerd
65 % Nerd, 13% Geek, 26% Dork
For The Record:

I have a feeling most people in these forums fit more into the nerd category as well

Modern, Cool Nerd
65 % Nerd, 60% Geek, 21% Dork
For The Record:

lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Here are my results

65 % Nerd, 56% Geek, 39% Dork

You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

I scored better than half in nerd and dork... I feel so embarassed. I always knew I was a nerd, but to get dork as well... How can I show my face around SDN anymore? :smuggrin:

i don't think i classify into any of those three. we should start a new category....cool,sexy bitches that just happen to be smart.

i'm one of those. :D

52% Nerd. (Only one over half).

¿guh?
whatever website said:
Pure Nerd
78 % Nerd, 13% Geek, 30% Dork
My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
You scored higher than 89% on nerdiness
You scored higher than 7% on geekosity
You scored higher than 49% on dork points

"Tri-Lamb Material
78 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 52% Dork

The classic, "80's" nerd, you are what most people think of when they think "nerd," largely due to 80's movies like Revenge of the Nerds and TV shows like Head of the Class. You're exceptionally bright and smart, and partly because of that have never quite fit in with your peers or social groups. Perhaps you've realized, or will someday, that it is possible to retain all of the things that you like about being brilliant and still make peace with the social cliques around you. Or maybe you won't--it's really not necessary. As the brothers of Lambda Lambda Lambda discovered, you're fine just the way you are and can take pride in that. I mean, who wants to be like Ogre, right!? "

Now if only I could find an omega moo to call my own :D

73 % Nerd, 13% Geek, 43% Dork

I'm also deemed a "Pure Nerd." Niiiiiiice.

I scored in the 95% for nerdiness :D ... If only I could have reached that same level on the physical sciences section of the MCAT :p

Depakote said:
Dorkdom, Nerdnicity and Geekdom are all easilly diagnosed by a simple blood serum test for poindextrose levels.
By writing this, I have proven that I am a nerd.
:laugh: It's funny that you should mention that. It's actually probably not that far off. Suprisingly, a lot of personality variability has been shown to be relatively highly genetic. take a look at this The Geek Syndrome

This is hilarious. I answered the poll before I took the test and therefore answered incorrectly. I tend to think of myself as a geek, but according to some random dude over at OKCupid, I am Pure Nerd. 82 % Nerd, 47% Geek, 39% Dork.

'Sokay. I'll always be true to...

geekchic.jpg

Pure Nerd
56% Nerd, 8% Geek, 26% Dork

I though I was more geek too. Oh well, I guess I'm not a modern cool nerd. :laugh:

Oh the nerds are winning!!!!
I wonder what the 'none of the above' people feel they are. I think a couple of people commented, but what about the other 19 or so.....what are you?

My results:

You scored higher than 91% on nerdiness

You scored higher than 47% on geekosity

You scored higher than 15% on dork points

I'd say they're right on target. I enjoy being called a nerd, and I'm happy to see that I'm low in the dork points. The geekosity being as high as it is can probably be mainly attributed to my passion for Survivor :oops:

I still have the highest nerd score.... Maybe I can write about it in my update letter for the schools where I'm waitlisted :p

Awesome...Pure Nerd :D ! 69% Nerd, 26% Geek, 17% Dork. I've been told throughout my education that I don't look like I would be good at science...whatever that means :mad: ! Well HA! to all of those poopy-heads, I am officially a nerd! Oh, and my geekiness definitely comes from my embarassing addiction to celebrity bull**** and US and People magazine :thumbdown:

Pure Nerd

82% Nerd, 26% Geek, 4% Dork

...eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful. :thumbup:

I'm apparently a nerd too

Pure Nerd
60 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 13% Dork

yeah nerds, i guess

masterMood said:
you know that a dork is a whale's dick right?

nerds are better than geeks right? Because geeks are just wannabe pseudonerds that aren't smart but play video games and never take showers and have halitosis and date girls online and play halo 24/7 and watch a lot of japanese anime, and are usually obese with a mixture of grease-lightning hair.

:laugh: :laugh:

I was just about to post that too. My bro told me that a long time ago. So I don't use that word anymore to be put in the same pile as geek or nerd. I put none of the above.

73% nerd, 13% geek, 8% dork - does that make me like jesse on saved by the bell? "i'm soooo excited..."

somewhere2010 said:
73% nerd, 13% geek, 8% dork - does that make me like jesse on saved by the bell? "i'm soooo excited..."

only if you're pulling all nighters using w/e pills she was & then wind up crying "i'm soooo scared"

Annabella said:
This reminds me of those OkCupid tests.

Here it is: Are you a Nerd, Geek, or Dork?.

I guess I'll post my results: PURE NERD: 60 % Nerd, 8% Geek, 21% Dork :)

52 % Nerd, 8% Geek, 21% Dork

That's my results. I think if I had to choose one of the above, I'd use the word nerd to describe myself and I'd rather be that then a geek or a dork.

Pure Nerd
73 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 34% Dork

91 % Nerd, 13% Geek, 26% Dork

Pure Nerd

72% nerd 14% geek 87% dork---I guess it confirms my dorkness.

I was wondering why there wasn't a yes/all of the above option.

Pure Nerd
98% Nerd
60% Geek
59% Dork

I'm pretty pleased with my Nerd score, but I'm gonna have to work hard to pull up my Geek/Dork averages. Med schools like to see an even distribution, right?

Pancho Villa said:
i don't think i classify into any of those three. we should start a new category....cool,sexy bitches that just happen to be smart.

i'm one of those. :D

AKA nerd in denial :p

premedmaybe said:
i'm a 12th level magi with invisibility.
I hunt snipe with a lightsaber that I constructed from household items.

Pure Nerd, though I can testify to being a former Geek.

"Cool Modern Nerd"

Pure Nerd
82 % Nerd, 8% Geek, 0% Dork
For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.
I was surprised I was 0% dork, but I can sing, dance and dress myself nicely, so I guess that rules me out :p

masterMood said:

Hey! I'm not any of those (except, well, maybe, the anime watching and video games :D)

BTW: 78 % Nerd, 47% Geek, 30% Dork

Joe Normal
39 % Nerd, 13% Geek, 0% Dork

-mota