Are you allowed to apply to Army and Navy HPSP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xmsr3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So after much research, soul searching and help from this forum, (thanks guys:) I have come to the conclusion that the Army is probably a better fit for me than the Navy, (which is something I never would have guessed).

Now I have a bit of a problem though, because last week I sent in my application to the Navy HPSP recruiter and they are working on processing it.

Am I allowed to apply to the Army HPSP program as well or is that frowned upon?

And if I can apply to both, what do I do about the miscellanious papers?
The application instructions mentions that they need your naturalization certificate, (I am a naturalized citizen) which I have.

BUT its illegal to make a copy of it. So how can I apply to both?

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

see below.

Last edited:
I applied to all three branches and got accepted by all three branches. Put the various recruiters in touch with each other and they can share paperwork - believe it or not this worked pretty well for me. I was honest and told each of them about my multiple applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
that's cool b/c my recruiter wanted me to be definitive on branch before starting the process

You can always call your Navy recruiter and explain what you're doing. If you don't intend to sign a Navy commission, you might as well save them the trouble of processing your application.

First I have to get in contact with an Army HPSP recruiter. After google searching for one I found a web page that told me to call my local recruiter.

Hopefully they can tell me how to contact someone who specializes medical scholarships.

WOW! I just got through talking with the Army HPSP recruiter in my area and I have to say, I am impressed.

He answered every question I had, including the ones about minuta and very specific details involved with renouncing my citizenship and the exact process, step by step, of how I would go about getting pre-approved for the scholarship.

And man! Was he a friendly bloke! Hes even letting me send my Navy HPSP application so I don't have to redo any forms!

And I got through to him on the first attempt! When I tried to call the Navy I have often had problems getting through to the medical officer recruiter and when I inquired about how to renounce citizenship she had no idea. I actually had to look up the info online, (well actually someone on SDN mil med gave it to me) and I told it to her and she spent 3 days confirming it.

The army recruiter knew it off the top of his head!

I guess its time to call the Navy and tell them to junk my application as I will not be accepting a commission with them.

I applied to Navy and Army. The navy wouldnt give me a medical wavier so I went Army. My navy recruiter was so nice he sent my medical records to the Army recruiter for me. I was accepted to the Army...get commissioned in October!

All of my recruiters have been great, especially with my calls to them 3 or so times per week!

Congratulations! What med school are you going to?

Congratulations! What med school are you going to?
I'm going to use my mind taking abilities to divine that he is attending Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine at Seton Hill University and will be a member of the class of 2013. *bwwooo ee oooo*