1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Are you cracking up?!?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by CoffeeCat, Aug 1, 2002.

1. CoffeeCat

CoffeeCat SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Is anyone else out there cracking up mentally?!? Yesterday I was talking about the AMC (movie) theaters and I said "AAMC Theatres!!" Then everytime someone says anything remotely science related I start thinking about the science - "hydrophobic" set me off yesterday! What about you guys?

2. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

I saw this commercial for the learning channel (TLC). This little kid was staring at the computer screen and you can hear all these sounds with a sheep and a guy. Then the little boy runs out of his room, comes back with his dog, then shuts the door. Then it said "what are your kids learning?"

That had me cracking up for a while.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mudd

Mudd Charlatan & Trouble Maker
    7+ Year Member

The other day, this guy said his new CD was phat. I assumed he meant it was aliphatic. He said "it's like butter", which made perfect sense with the affect of saturation on the melting point of hydrocarbons. However, the conversation seemed to end when I suggested that you can't hydrogenate a CD, because the polymer coating is a polycarbonate and not a conjugated hydrocarbon polymer. "My bad" I told him, but in retrospect, I'm thinking he thought I said FAD, and everyone knows you need FADH2 to reduce an unstaurated fat, not FAD.

So, think the MCAT has gotten to me too?

4. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat
    7+ Year Member

That's the most disturbing commercial I've ever heard of.

5. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

jeebus. looks like you could use a goat.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. CoffeeCat

CoffeeCat SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    :eek: we've both lost it!! :eek:

7. Mudd

7+ Year Member

Can you hydrogenate a goat?

8. CoffeeCat

CoffeeCat SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    :laugh: I'd much rather be at AMC theatres than taking an AAMC test, that's for sure!! :laugh:

9. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

Yeah, I'm sure you can lube it up pretty well with grease as you imply.

10. challenger81

challenger81 Junior Member

L:laugh: L L:laugh: L

i sent this to all my neurotic mcat buddies - and for the 1st time in a long time i'm seeing them crack a smile - thanx Mudd !!

11. Mudd

7+ Year Member

Isn't neurotic redundant in that statement?

Seriously, I hope your neurotic MCAT buddies kick the crap out the test as do you. Only a few more days and you get your life back! Good luck!

12. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

AHHAHAHA if only life was that simple!

13. dtreese

dtreese Caramel Gollum
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    lol!!! that is so TWISTED!:laugh:

14. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.
    10+ Year Member

nice thread. glad to see the 2003 SDNers got a sense of humour :D

some of the 'old' SDNers were dogging you guys, saying you were too anal-retentive, but I had my $ on y'all the whole time... even though I don't gamble.

15. Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member

:eek: i hope this isn't for real

16. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

17. dtreese

dtreese Caramel Gollum
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks for the heads up on the link. I hate it when I'm at work & something nasty comes up -- like the stupid cursing thread this morning.

Now I just have to get home to my DSL.:mad:

18. challenger81

challenger81 Junior Member

fortuantely for me i'm not taking the test this august, so i can call them neurotic. but when i'll be taking it in april i'm sure i'll be crying buckets. sigh..