Are you cracking up?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CoffeeCat

SDN Angel
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else out there cracking up mentally?!? Yesterday I was talking about the AMC (movie) theaters and I said "AAMC Theatres!!" Then everytime someone says anything remotely science related I start thinking about the science - "hydrophobic" set me off yesterday! What about you guys?

Members don't see this ad.

I saw this commercial for the learning channel (TLC). This little kid was staring at the computer screen and you can hear all these sounds with a sheep and a guy. Then the little boy runs out of his room, comes back with his dog, then shuts the door. Then it said "what are your kids learning?"

That had me cracking up for a while.

The other day, this guy said his new CD was phat. I assumed he meant it was aliphatic. He said "it's like butter", which made perfect sense with the affect of saturation on the melting point of hydrocarbons. However, the conversation seemed to end when I suggested that you can't hydrogenate a CD, because the polymer coating is a polycarbonate and not a conjugated hydrocarbon polymer. "My bad" I told him, but in retrospect, I'm thinking he thought I said FAD, and everyone knows you need FADH2 to reduce an unstaurated fat, not FAD.

So, think the MCAT has gotten to me too?

Originally posted by Street Philosopher
I saw this commercial for the learning channel (TLC). This little kid was staring at the computer screen and you can hear all these sounds with a sheep and a guy. Then the little boy runs out of his room, comes back with his dog, then shuts the door. Then it said "what are your kids learning?"

That's the most disturbing commercial I've ever heard of.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Mudd
The other day, this guy said his new CD was phat. I assumed he meant it was aliphatic. He said "it's like butter", which made perfect sense with the affect of saturation on the melting point of hydrocarbons. However, the conversation seemed to end when I suggested that you can't hydrogenate a CD, because the polymer coating is a polycarbonate and not a conjugated hydrocarbon polymer. "My bad" I told him, but in retrospect, I'm thinking he thought I said FAD, and everyone knows you need FADH2 to reduce an unstaurated fat, not FAD.

jeebus. looks like you could use a goat.

:eek: we've both lost it!! :eek:

jeebus. looks like you could use a goat.

Can you hydrogenate a goat?

Originally posted by DrLady

CoffeeCat,
you won't believe it, but today i was talking to a friend of mine about aamc tests and this another friend started talking about amc theatres! He thought that i was talking about amc theatres and he started talking about films. A min later after we all were confused, we understood that he was talking about amc theatres and he finally realized that we are not talking about amc theatres but the aamc test! how weird?? huh? :laugh:

By the way, my brother was asking me something about how the vitamins get absorbed from the food, and i told him how food passes through esophagus and gets stored in stomach, and then it passes down the small intestine and somehow, i started thinking about jejunum, ileum, and colon! So i am there too..losing it!! But the good part is that i remembered this stuff even thought its been a month since i went over it! lol.

:laugh:

:laugh: I'd much rather be at AMC theatres than taking an AAMC test, that's for sure!! :laugh:

L:laugh: L L:laugh: L

i sent this to all my neurotic mcat buddies - and for the 1st time in a long time i'm seeing them crack a smile - thanx Mudd !!

Originally posted by challenger81

...neurotic mcat buddies...

Isn't neurotic redundant in that statement?

Seriously, I hope your neurotic MCAT buddies kick the crap out the test as do you. Only a few more days and you get your life back! Good luck!

lol!!! that is so TWISTED!:laugh:

nice thread. glad to see the 2003 SDNers got a sense of humour :D

some of the 'old' SDNers were dogging you guys, saying you were too anal-retentive, but I had my $ on y'all the whole time... even though I don't gamble.

:eek: i hope this isn't for real

Thanks for the heads up on the link. I hate it when I'm at work & something nasty comes up -- like the stupid cursing thread this morning.

Now I just have to get home to my DSL.:mad:

Isn't neurotic redundant in that statement?

Seriously, I hope your neurotic MCAT buddies kick the crap out the test as do you. Only a few more days and you get your life back! Good luck!

fortuantely for me i'm not taking the test this august, so i can call them neurotic. but when i'll be taking it in april i'm sure i'll be crying buckets. sigh..