Are you driving your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend/family nuts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klfb80

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The excitement of starting dental school this year has not died down yet, although i'm sure it will. It's really consuming my life. I check my email everyday (several times), I read posts on SDN to see wahts going on, I check my schools website and email. In the evening I talk to my wife about anything and everything to do with school. She doesn't really say anything negative (not that she would) but I fell like my excitment is wearing on her and that I should slow down a bit. I mean I went away for the weekend to the mountains and all I could think the whole time was checking my email and checking out SDN to see what others are upto. Does anyone else feel the same?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah... kind of!! :oops:

lol.....my case is slightly different...you may be driving your family nuts.....but my family is the one tht is driving me nuts, especially my father...he is so excited, yet he is concerned because i am not getting interviews or acceptances...only got one interview so far at my dream top choice school....have not heard from them yet...

i too have this addiction to SDN.....just make sure your wife does not go crazy....lol

Members don't see this ad :)
And I thought I was the only crazy one. I thrived on going through every forum on SDN for any gossip to give me a glimmer of hope getting into the school of my choice. I constantly badgered my classmates of any new news that they might have recieved. I checked the mailbox rabidly wishing a big white envelope was stuffed inside. I new it was coming soon but not soon enough it was driving me mad!! Then it came, the big white envelope with the maroon T, I jumped up and down and screamed like a little school girl. I couldn't stop smiling for days, I had never been so happy. My wife said I was smiling in my sleep. Now I can't wait for august to come around so we can start another great journey of trying to complete dental school.

so true - I'm addicted to checking my e-mail and SDN at least five times a day! I am definitely driving my boyfriend crazy with my constant talks about dental school.

I have driven my parents insane talking about dentistry so badly for the past few years that i felt bad for them. So i just signed up to learn a 4th language intensively so that it would divert my thoughts for a bit and save the little sanity my parents have left.