Are you even premed if you don't...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doofenschmirtz

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought this would be a fun game to find out what kinds of premeds you all deal with/have heard of

Are you even premed if you don't post about it on social media?

Apologies if this type of thread has been made before

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thought this would be a fun game to find out what kinds of premeds you all deal with/have heard of

pre-med is anyone who thought at least once about medicine and have not been in medical school yet

Reactions: 1 user
Are you a premed if your friends don’t ask you for medical advice?

Are you a premed if you didn’t freak out about a B in *insert prereq here*?

Are you a premed if you routinely sleep 8 hours each night?

I could go on for days with this.

Reactions: 5 users
are you even a premed if you don't pretend that you've never heard of sdn

Reactions: 35 users

is this thread about who comes up with more creative questions and gets more likes?

Reactions: 6 users
Are you even a premed if you're not neurotic?

Reactions: 4 users
are you even a premed if you don't pretend that you've never heard of sdn
No lie I didn’t know about SDN until I already had my primary application ready to be submitted.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you even a premed if you don’t pretend to understand what PBL is?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

are you even premed if you dont neurotically check your application portals for missed interview emails that will never come?

Reactions: 27 users
Are you even a premed if you think you are a premed?

Are you even a premed if your mom doesn't tell everyone you're a premed?

Reactions: 9 users
Are you even premed if you’re not stressed about being stressed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you even premed if you don't ask everyone on interview day where else they have interviewed?

Are you even a premed if you don’t roll your eyes when other majors talk about how difficult their courses are?

You have just created a pre-med existential crisis.

zelda-ii-i-am-error.png

are you even premed if you don't ask everyone what their gpa/mcat is and when they were complete?

Reactions: 10 users
are you even premed if you don't neurotically tab between sdn and r/premed while your code is compiling/gels are running

Are you even a premed if you wish you could have taken the GRE instead of the MCAT

Are you even pre med if you don't cry regularly b/c stress.
This is a joke. Don't take srsly.

are you even pre-med if you were not asked at least once about medical advice?

Are you even pre-med if your friends and family don't continuously ask how the application cycle is going.

Are you even pre-med if your friends and family don't continuously ask how the application cycle is going.

Or if you don't continuously blast inform all of your friends about every II/rejection the second you get them

Or if you don't continuously blast inform all of your friends about every II/rejection the second you get them
I'm actually praying I don't do that. I think it'd annoy the **** out of them. I'm always afraid of whenever I share good news I'm "rubbing it in"? Anyone else know what I mean?

I'm always afraid of whenever I share good news I'm "rubbing it in"?
Oh yeah I absolutely don't rub it in to other people in the same situation. Lucky for me most of my friends aren't pre-med so they're super supportive :)

Are you even a premed if you don’t KNOW you have a strong passion for orthopedic surgery/tell everyone in bio 101 that you will major in it in Med school?

Are you even a premed if you don’t say “Economics is such a better option for my lifestyle” after you subsequently get a C in said Bio 101?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 14 users
Are you even pre-med if you haven't posted in "What are my chances" your freshman year?

Am I weird in that I don’t tell anyone about my II’s (just my parents, brother, and SO)? I guess I don’t like announcing it until I’m officially accepted. We know an II is a big deal but to a lay person telling them you interviewed at Harvard but didn’t get in means nothing.

Am I weird in that I don’t tell anyone about my II’s (just my parents, brother, and SO)? I guess I don’t like announcing it until I’m officially accepted. We know an II is a big deal but to a lay person telling them you interviewed at Harvard but didn’t get in means nothing.

That's not weird at all it's probably more of an outlier situation to be telling non pre-meds about it but in my defense the one time I didn't tell them about a II they all got super offended XD

Are you even a pre-med if you don't watch greys anatomy?

Reactions: 2 users
look down on other pre meds who you know will never make it

Are you even premed if you don't have a completely useless premed advisor

Reactions: 19 users
Are you even a premed if you didnt google "Can I get into medical school with a B" at one point in your life

Are you even premed if @Goro hasn't told you that you're not God's gift to medicine?

Reactions: 17 users
Are you even premed if you check portals even on the weekends?

Are you even premed if you’ve never thought about there being a glitch in the system and you didn’t receive an update that you were supposed to get?

Are you even premed if you’ve never called an admissions office and hung up after hearing the same person answer the phone? (Maybe it’s just me :brb:)

Are you even premed if you don't obsessively check and recheck and recheck and recheck and recheck simple emails to adcoms and interviewers before sending them?

((and then go to "Sent Items" and check again just to torture yourself?))

Reactions: 2 users