Are you guaranteed an acceptance if you apply EDP...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starspells

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
assuming you met with the Dean of Admissions beforehand and they tell you to go ahead and apply? Of course this is also assuming one isn't a weirdo or jerk at the interviews.

I would only imagine if you met with a Dean prior to applying who encourages you to apply that that would mean that they are almost certain that you will get in?

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No.

Reactions: 2 users

OK so not a 100% guarantee since the interview is still a huge deciding factor but I would guess one has a strong chance of getting in if the dean encourages it?

Members don't see this ad :)
OK so not a 100% guarantee since the interview is still a huge deciding factor but I would guess one has a strong chance of getting in if the dean encourages it?
Meeting with the adcom about applying ED is generally just "can you articulate a semi-reasonable story why" rather than the actual selection process. I would say 50% chance or whatever the EDP% acceptance for this school is, as pretty much everyone who applies to EDP met with someone along the way.

Obviously also depends on your stats/app in comparison to said school, if you're deviations above them they'll probably take you regardless.

By your reasoning, every attractive female whose mother told me to date them would've dated me.

No, EDP will not guarantee acceptance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
By your reasoning, every attractive female who's mother told me to date them would've dated me.
"attractive females"

hence lies el problemo mi amigo

"attractive females"

hence lies el problemo mi amigo
Hahahaha

Let's face it, when you're an applicant, all medical schools are Brazilian VS models. They'll act interested to be nice, but only Tom Brady will do.

Reactions: 1 user