SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Are you guys......

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by justin_od, Sep 10, 2001.

1. justin_od

justin_od Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 25, 2001
    typing or printing your secondaries. I am having tons of trouble doing it on mytypewriter. Any suggestions from those who typed them? Thanks so much.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. DJ W.R.

DJ W.R. Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 5, 2001
    Because my printer loves destroying one-of-a-kind forms, I'm doing secondaries like Hopkins and GWU on a borrowed typewriter. I'm pretty lucky because it has a built in spellcheck and a great erase function. One tip: Always make sure that you are ABSOLUTELY sure about what you are going to type (especially for those short-answer questions). It is almost always impossible to add or erase something on those forms once you take them out of the typewriter!
  4. racergirl

racergirl Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 29, 2001
    I have a typewriter, but I found out the hard way that it doesn't work any more (hmm! It's only been in the bottom of the closet gathering dust for three years--what's the problem?).

For the Ye Olde Paper Secondaries, I've been using the Ye Olde Cut and Paste Method: Print out responses on the computer, cut them out (with Ye Olde Scissors), tape them to secondary, copy secondary, send copy of secondary.

I know this is Low-Brow, but I'm not as computer-savy (or is that computer-geeky? ;)) as some others on this board. So far my barbarian method has worked fine, but I dread the day I recieve a COLORED paper secondary! But I have at most 2 more secondaries to go, so this seems less and less likely...
  5. none

none 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 27, 2001
    hm...quite honestly, I would personally prefer a nicely handwritten secondary to a collage of pastings. Why are people so afraid of their handwriting? Do third grade teachers across the country have that much to be embarassed about?