Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Are you guys......

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by justin_od, Sep 10, 2001.

1. justin_od

justin_od Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

typing or printing your secondaries. I am having tons of trouble doing it on mytypewriter. Any suggestions from those who typed them? Thanks so much.

2. DJ W.R.

DJ W.R. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Because my printer loves destroying one-of-a-kind forms, I'm doing secondaries like Hopkins and GWU on a borrowed typewriter. I'm pretty lucky because it has a built in spellcheck and a great erase function. One tip: Always make sure that you are ABSOLUTELY sure about what you are going to type (especially for those short-answer questions). It is almost always impossible to add or erase something on those forms once you take them out of the typewriter!

3. racergirl

racergirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I have a typewriter, but I found out the hard way that it doesn't work any more (hmm! It's only been in the bottom of the closet gathering dust for three years--what's the problem?).

For the Ye Olde Paper Secondaries, I've been using the Ye Olde Cut and Paste Method: Print out responses on the computer, cut them out (with Ye Olde Scissors), tape them to secondary, copy secondary, send copy of secondary.

I know this is Low-Brow, but I'm not as computer-savy (or is that computer-geeky? ;)) as some others on this board. So far my barbarian method has worked fine, but I dread the day I recieve a COLORED paper secondary! But I have at most 2 more secondaries to go, so this seems less and less likely...

4. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

hm...quite honestly, I would personally prefer a nicely handwritten secondary to a collage of pastings. Why are people so afraid of their handwriting? Do third grade teachers across the country have that much to be embarassed about?