1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you Happy at Cincinnati Med?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by TSpoon, Feb 7, 2002.

1. TSpoon

TSpoon Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello,
    I'm in at Cincinnati Med and also a few others, but Cincinnati is my first choice right now. I was just wondering if you are a MS at Cincinnati, how do you like it? How is housing? I remember the neighborhood as being ghetto (but I was there for 12 hours total), is it safe? What is there to do other than sit at school? Is the class cohesive or is it a free-for-all?

sorry if these questions seem stupid, but I'll be moving from Utah, and would like any advice. Feel free to emial me privately at [email protected] :p

Thanks for your help.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Amy

Amy Animal Lover
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Congratulations on your acceptances!! I'm a first year student at UC, and I'm very happy here. The students are friendly and not competitive with eachother. We have an integrated, systems based curriculum, which makes it easier to learn everything. There's plenty of academic support if you need it... they really want you to succeed. We also get clinical experience in the first 2 years.

The neighborhood around the school is a little sketchy, but lots of students live there. I live in Hyde park, about 3 miles away from school. It's a nice neighborhood, and safe. There are some students who live in the suburbs with their parents or have families of their own. Finding housing in Cincinnati is easy.

There IS stuff to do outside of school... we don't study all the time (most of us don't, anyway). There's plenty of bars to go to, as well as cultural stuff.

I suggest you do a search for UC in this forum and the pre-med forum... you'll find lots of info on this subject. Best of luck in making your final decision.

4. Mango

Mango Very Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    YES! Happy, and having a blast in med school! I'm a huge fan of this school, and deffinately made the right choice when deciding which school to attend. But since this is the middle of finals week for me, I'll have to send you an email later to answer some of your questions.

Congratulations on your admission! It's a wonderful school!

Mango MS2