• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

MAR89

7+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
lol I read about that earlier today too...and I'm definitely one of those people. Probably not the best endorsement to have as a hopeful healthcare professional but meh.

BobLoblawDDS

Lost and confused
Jul 7, 2010
Status
Dental Student
I'm sure it's higher than 1 in 8. People fib on surveys.

But sure, I've done it. At the very least to look occupied when I would feel awkward if I wasn't; not necessarily to avoid conversation.

About the Ads

KittySquared

Kitty chompers
7+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2010
7 seas
Status
Dental Student
Nah, I just put on my mega BETCH face. Usually they walk away pretty scared. Works well.

terry gordy

Removed
Mar 11, 2010
Status
Yeah and then the phone goes off while you're pretending to talk and then you end up looking like a real idiot.

BobLoblawDDS

Lost and confused
Jul 7, 2010
Status
Dental Student
Yeah and then the phone goes off while you're pretending to talk and then you end up looking like a real idiot.
You don't pretend like you're talking, you pretend like you're engrossed in some uber-important email writing that cannot be interrupted lest you want the earth to implode upon itself and the continuity of time to cease and a million blackholes to suck the universe into an alternate reality.

Pssht. Rookie. :p

Jan 13, 2011
Status
Dental Student
Yes this has happened to me.

About the Ads