Status
Dental Student
Are you going to sleep tonight?

Last edited:

nanilla

10+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2007
Status
This day and this past week have been long enough, I do not know if I could handle being up all night tonight. But, I prob will not be able to sleep so yes I will be up tonight.

AmpedUp

The Legend Still Lives
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2009
Status
Dentist
Everything feels normal today. I guess I'll go to bed tonight and hopefully wake up to good news in the morning. I still haven't decided if I'll pick up any phone calls or let them go to voicemails either :p. I've kinda settled into the idea that I'm in somewhere (at one of the 3 schools that interviewed me). Hopefully I won't be disappointed if I hear no news tomorrow...I'll know how to feel when the moment arrives, I guess.

NotPennysBoat

5+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2010
Status
Dental Student
I'm taking some NyQuil tonight and I'm going to sleep like a baby. I hope it's good news in the morning.

Nov 24, 2009
Status
Dental Student
do the blanks automatically turn to statuses at midnight? if not, then i dont think schools will update until tomorrow morning...so it's best to get some sleep :)

Jul 20, 2010
ohio
Status
Pre-Dental
i wish i could go to sleep...but seriously my stomach has been in knots for days...lol

slm266

Dentist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2008
Status
Dentist
longest. day. ever.

Jan 22, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Sorry to be noob, but are all 3 texas schools supposed to email us by midnight tonight? I heard houston sends their emails during the afternoon.

Assimilation

7+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2010
North Dakota
Status
Dental Student
I hope to hear something from Minnesota at midnight so I can sleep with no worries. Or I'll be too excited to sleep. Either way it's going to be a long one tonight I think.

Jun 3, 2010
Status
Dental Student
I hope to hear something from Minnesota at midnight so I can sleep with no worries. Or I'll be too excited to sleep. Either way it's going to be a long one tonight I think.
Word. Any idea when they updated AADSAS last year?

ZzZzSleepyhead

10+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
It's funny how you don't think about this stuff until you hop on SDN and read about how everyone is freaking out.

Sometimes I think SDN is bad for your health :p

I chose "Definitely sleeping".. But I'm being optimistic... Let's see if I manage to get any sleep at all..

Jul 10, 2010
Status
I feel like this cycle just flew by us. It's almost unreal that we're approaching December 1st in a matter of hours!

With that said, it really doesn't "feel" like December 1st and I'll be sleeping like a baby tonight. :sleep:

Assimilation

7+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2010
North Dakota
Status
Dental Student
Word. Any idea when they updated AADSAS last year?
I seem to remember a post from 2008ish that said Minnesota makes phone calls on Dec. 1st morning, but I also remember talking to someone accepted last year who mentioned he got an email at midnight. I'm not sure what to expect at this point... anybody else have any knowledge about this?

littleduce

10+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
sleep = resting + not knowing if I'm in + being relaxed

me = no rest ever since I applied to dental school (4 yrs ago) + working hard to get in................so to answer your Q'

NO WAYYYYYYY!!!!! I mean how could you?!?!?! well at least not someone in my position.

MrBeans

MrBeans
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I seem to remember a post from 2008ish that said Minnesota makes phone calls on Dec. 1st morning, but I also remember talking to someone accepted last year who mentioned he got an email at midnight. I'm not sure what to expect at this point... anybody else have any knowledge about this?
A midnight acceptance email would be nice. :)

I really hope I've been accepted, the wait is killing me.

I really can't stay up all night because I have to get up at 6AM to go to work! :mad:

hausee

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2006
UCSD
Status
good luck to you all and sleep "tight" tonight:D

lusity

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2009
Status
Dental Student
That's one good thing about being on the west coast-- we're 3 hours behind! I'll stay up until midnight and then probably take a sleeping pill only to wake up to face my deathly final + presentation tomorrow. However, if I get a pleasant eMail in the morning, I say screw that final!! kakaka

MrBeans

MrBeans
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
~20 min until midnight (EST).

I'm getting pretty sleepy, I may have to turn in as excited as I am. :(

I think I've been up for 22 hours now in anticipation, and I have to get up at 6AM for work! :eek:

Assimilation

7+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2010
North Dakota
Status
Dental Student
I want to switch my vote from trying to sleep some, to not sleeping at all. I have had a very unproductive day homework-wise, lots of acceptance anxiety, and I don't see it getting better from here!

bipster10

7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2010
Status
Dental Student
~20 min until midnight (EST).

I'm getting pretty sleepy, I may have to turn in as excited as I am. :(

I think I've been up for 22 hours now in anticipation, and I have to get up at 6AM for work! :eek:
Mr. Beans!! 22 hours????? Don't you think thats a tad excessive??

No you say?

Yea, me either ;)

MrBeans

MrBeans
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Mr. Beans!! 22 hours????? Don't you think thats a tad excessive??

No you say?

Yea, me either ;)
All last week I was tossing and turning, just like when I was a kid the week before Christmas! :laugh:

I guess I'll force myself to stay awake for 10 more minutes... :p

hopefulDMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
c'mon....i need to get off SDN! i've got a flippin final tomorrow and i really need to study for ittttttttttttt........gah!

minotaur9

minotaur9
Jun 5, 2009
Rochester
Status
Pre-Dental
had to sleep...fell asleep about 2am and woke up restless at 7am...and here I am waiting and reading sdn...

Aug 28, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I completely forgot until yesterday that my friend put something on facebook. I waited until 12:20 am, went to sleep, woke up now and got accepted to Baylor Dental School with a ****ty DAT score OMG