Are you studying for the Naplex? My advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmcdc

Troches & lollipops
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seriously, if you study more than the APhA book, and the Comprehensive Pharmacy Review you are wasting your time. I studied the entire APhA book except for the bioterrorism and immunization(i did have some imm ?s though) chapters. I used the disk that came with the Comprehensive Pharmacy Review to get more questions. The disk has all the questions from the book in test format. This disk gives you practice on patient profiles similar to what you will see on the Naplex, excellent study material.

If you study the questions and read the explanation to why the questions are correct and why the others are wrong you will be fine. Do this even for the questions you know the answer to. Its not about getting the questions right, but about understanding concepts. I didn't study the Lange book, but looked at it and this seems to be a good source of questions as well.

I had pronto-pass but I dont recommend it. It is a good source but its so much to memorize. You will do better with the books listed above. I felt pronto-pass was a waste of $$$$. I did not take the Pre-Naplex only because I waited too late and I didn't want to loose confidence if I didn't do well on it. If I did it all over again, i probably would have taken the Pre-naplex from what ive heard. However, you dont NEED it, so if your not taking it don't feel bad.

Members don't see this ad.

thank you for your advice. I have been using APha only and using Kaplan as a reference. The only topics that worry me is the oncology and HIV drugs,especially their brand names. I hope I don't get hammered with those topics

thank you for your advice. I have been using APha only and using Kaplan as a reference. The only topics that worry me is the oncology and HIV drugs,especially their brand names. I hope I don't get hammered with those topics

You will want to study those topics. Some people have a lot of questions from those areas on their version of the test. I did not, but I did have a few. I was prepared either way. You will want to do the same so you're not upset with yourself afterward.

Did you use the CD for questions from the APhA book or just the questions from the Comprehensive Pharmacy Review? Is the CD of questions from the APhA book sufficient?

Members don't see this ad :)

Don't make the mistake of not knowing these items...a friend of mine did get "hammered" on his exam with them. He ended up with a passing grade, but he's a guy I was guessing was going to be in the 130s or 140s and ended up <100. Every test is different, of course, but you need to have gone over EVERYTHING.

Cat