Are you supposed to finish all you prereqs before applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bottlecap1990

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know some schools let students apply before finishing their prereqs. Any advice when to apply and when to start preparing for the PCAT?. (1,2,3 semester before the end?)

Members don't see this ad.

You can kill the PCAT with strong foundations in Biology, Chemistry and math (Algebra, Trig and Calc 1).

You don't really need OChem knowledge, or Physics (beyond the basics) to do well on those sections.

What're you missing?

LOL this is gonna sound ridiculous but I am still in my second semester.
I have only taken Chem 101, English 101, History, and intermediate algebra.

This semester I am taking Bio 101, Chem 102, Trigonometry, English 102.

I am planning on taking orgo 1, bio 102, pre calc, and psychology next fall.

I am still missing a lot am I lol?

I just don't know when I should start preparing for the PCAT and apply for the school ( I am planning on applying to about 8-10 schools). I am in new jersey so rutgers is pretty much out of my league because I heard it is very tough. I already know the schools I am definitely going to apply and I have also looked at their requirements.

Do you have any advice for me?

I applied before all my prereq's were finished.
For my school (Washington State University) you have to have all of the science prereqs done before summer, and any other one's done before some date in August.

You should look at the websites of the schools you want to apply to and see if they have deadlines like that, and write your planned schedule out to see when you'll have them done. That's my advice, anyways.

As for the PCAT...well, I didn't prepare for it very much, so I couldn't tell you when you should start preparing for that! I took it after 4 years of undergrad courses, so all of my "preparation" was just using everything I'd learned! It worked out well for me, but I'm sure it's better to study.

Good luck!