Are you using up all the space in secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Csv321

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm working on my Davis secondary and the essay responses are limited to 1500 characters. Is it necessary to fill up the entire space or will it be "frowned upon" if it's shorter than 1500 characters?

I remember that there was a thread about this before but after searching for 15 minutes or so, I couldn't find it so I would greatly appreciate a reply even if it's information that has been repeated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Quality, not quantity. If you find yourself struggling to write out the full 1500 characters, you shouldn't feel the need to fill up the space. I'd much rather read something short, sweet and to the point than meandering drivel (Not to say what you're writing is drivel).

1500 characters is somewhat short. i would try to use the whole space. there is probably something else you can include or some details you really should be adding. if it sounds forced, then it is better to leave it short, but otherwise try to use up all 1500 characters. my 2 cents.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wrote like 900-1200 characters for each of those Davis essays, and I do think they liked it.

it is really important to get your point across and if you can do it in less than 1500 characters then don't feel like you have to use up all the characters. I used up all the characters in most of my essays but there were 2 essays in the davis application that used up less than 1000 characters. Good luck :) :thumbup:

Thank you!! I feel much more at ease filling out that beast of a thing...

Funny that before I even opened this thread, I was already going to ask about the Davis secondary. I guess everyone hates filling it out. For some of answers, I didn't want to fill them with garbage so I left 'em at ~ 1200 characters.