Areas of interest: organ regeneration and bone marrow transplantation.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Pepper

Duffman in Disguise
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there,

I was hoping that someone could give me a few review articles to learn more about current research on two fields that I'm interested in pursuing further: organ regeneration and bone marrow transplantation.

I realize that this is very broad, but I was hoping that you guys could help me get started.

Also, I would like to know which hospitals/research centers are doing the newest type of work in these fields.

Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you tried a Pubmed search using some MeSH keywords? Do you know how to use MeSH keywords and find relevant terms?

You can find relevant MeSH keywords here:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/mesh?term=regeneration

The MeSH keyword search is integrated into Pubmed.

Try this pubmed search:
"Regeneration"[Mesh] OR "bone marrow transplantation"[MeSH] AND "review"[Publication Type]

So don't know what kind of organ you are interested in... but the MeSH tree looks like this:

All MeSH Categories
Phenomena and Processes Category
Biological Phenomena
Biological Processes
Regeneration
Bone Remodeling
Bone Regeneration +​
Liver Regeneration
Nerve Regeneration
Spinal Cord Regeneration​
Wound Healing
Cicatrix
Fracture Healing​

There is a MeSH keyword for bone marrow transplant. It is "Bone Marrow Transplantation"
All MeSH Categories
Analytical, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques and Equipment Category
Surgical Procedures, Operative
Transplantation
Tissue Transplantation
Bone Marrow Transplantation​

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you both for your help. I'll start reading as soon as possible.

Also, I would like to know which hospitals/research centers are doing the newest type of work in these fields.

There's a lot of stuff being done in Boston (Harvard, MIT, MGH, Brigham, etc) on tissue engineering with the ultimate goal of designing synthetic organs. Two guys who are especially worth looking into are Robert Langer (MIT Bioengineering) and Jay Vacanti (Pediatric Surgery).