argh! LOR's lost AGAIN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

palatanmr6

Active Procrastinator
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The day started out so good, interesting class in the morning, pretty good lunch, and since now that i am a frantic email checker (hoping to hear from med schools) i decided to check my mail... and what do i find? this NYC school lost my LORs for the second time!!!!! they send me a "final notice" that makes it sound like i never sent the letters in the first place... i cant believe this, have any of you had this experience?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

no but damn for the 2nd time!!!

a subtle hint?? maybe....

but anyways...this time dont just send it regular mail. send it priority with a tracking function so that you have proof that it did get there and they cant just blame their lack of organization on you.

I had to send a transcript to NYU three times before they received it. Hence, even though I submitted my app in August, it took until mid-November for my application to be complete. Lesson learned: call if you think it's taking too long for your application to be marked complete. Doesn't this sort of thing feel lovely for rolling schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Bingo, anonymous school revealed :)

Hehe, it actually makes me feel better that I wasn't alone. Important tip: send it to the NYU Admissions Office's P.O. Box, not the street address for the med school. It's a lot faster.

The thing is that my premed office is the one sending my LOR's and I would think that they know the correct address since they have done this hundreds of times already, but I will let them know about the PO Box, Thanks!

happened to me at UIC. I turned the secondary in at beginning of sept and they f%cking lost my letters f&cking twice. I had to have my health advisor office send them the third time fedex with a tracking number so I could see what the f^ck was going on. I was really pissed especially since my aplication took an extra six weeks to be complete. There is no excuse for losing them twice. I had the address checked multiple times when they were sent. At least the ad office was nice about it although they were f*cking clueless.

Originally posted by MErc44
happened to me at UIC. I turned the secondary in at beginning of sept and they f%cking lost my letters f&cking twice. I had to have my health advisor office send them the third time fedex with a tracking number so I could see what the f^ck was going on. I was really pissed especially since my aplication took an extra six weeks to be complete. There is no excuse for losing them twice. I had the address checked multiple times when they were sent. At least the ad office was nice about it although they were f*cking clueless.

WOW, you were REALLY pissed off, weren't you....:clap:

Well I can understand MErc44, when your future is jeopardized by a few incompetent people - you tend to get ticked off easily

Seriously...

My LOR's have been sent to Mt Sinai 3 TIMES now!!!! And I'm still not complete! I'm not sure if it's my pre-med office's fault, or Mt. Sinai, or the postal service, but naturally everyone denies everything. They have even been sent with tracking numbers twice, but somehow there is still confusion.

Blood pressure rising, rising , rising....:mad:

Gosh guys, I'm in a similar situation. Jefferson has lost my letters of recommendation twice already. They are asking that I fax it over now....