Argh neuroanatomy dfajklfdsjkldf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aphistis

Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
We've got our neuroanatomy/neuromuscular exam on Friday morning, and I'm 100% terrified. This is without a doubt the most frighteningly arbitrary pile of academic garbage I've ever had to stomach. Any neurologists lurking out there, this is your time to shine--I'm in my hour of need here. :confused: :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Haha I remeber Neuro it was def a nightmare and one of my harder tests. But just study hard and you will see it acutally isnt that hard. This is def the place where nemonics work, now if I could only remebe what they were!

Bill--

For our neuroanatomy course, we had one of the THE most difficult professors ever... Dr. Royce Montgomery from the UNC School of Medicine.

In fact, back before school started I mentioned the Dr. Montgomery was teaching our neuro course, and I got multiple PMs/emails from medical students who had him at UNC.

The stories were ridiculous--Montgomery sleeps in his white coat, Montgomery pimps students constantly in front of the class, etc., etc.

To make a long story short, we made it through his course. The material was tough, but we pulled it out.

Dr. Montgomery had tamed a bit in his old age (he's been at UNC, and still is, for over 30 years) but he still wore that white coat EVERYWHERE. He was the real deal, though, the closest I've ever come to having the type of teacher that is often portrayed in theater and cinema: hard-nosed and knowledgable about everything in the subject. In fact, Dr. Montgomery has been doing neuro so long that he has actually NAMED some of those structures. And if you go to any bookstore and find USMLE neuroanatomy prep books, you'll see they've been written by him.

I did fine in his class and you'll do fine in yours. That doesn't mean you'll love it, but you'll love the growth you discover as you apply yourself.

Then again, you already know this. Let us know how it turns out. :D

My wax-ups, on the other hand, are horrendous.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hate neuro, and cannot help you out. I do know a few people in Indianapolis who can get you a gun if all else fails. Good luck cramming.

Originally posted by ItsGavinC
Then again, you already know this. Let us know how it turns out. :D

My wax-ups, on the other hand, are horrendous.
Will do.

And, incidentally, mine suck too, and we start doing indirect restorations next week. Hell, after seven weeks of practice I still couldn't do better than marginal on a #14 class II, and don't ask me about the restoration :rolleyes: I keep telling myself we'll survive, somehow.