PhD/PsyD Argosy Schaumburg / Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diamondstar1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am an international student. Could someone help please who has been to either of these schools?
Reviews would be so appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Look some people make FSPS work and some don't. Best of luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've gone three times. I was originally going to stop at two, but I think this third PsyD will really make my CV stand out in a crowded field.

Reactions: 3 users
Don't worry about my finances though, I have a prestigious scholarship this time (the "Joe Argosy Fund for Outstanding Students" scholarship). It entitles me to one free danish (must be $2.99 or less) from the Argosy cafeteria on my birthday!

Reactions: 1 users
Don't worry about my finances though, I have a prestigious scholarship this time (the "Joe Argosy Fund for Outstanding Students" scholarship). It entitles me to one free danish (must be $2.99 or less) from the Argosy cafeteria on my birthday!

Wait. They have a cafeteria?

Someone posted that Argosy Schaumburg only has a 30% APA match rate. To me that would mean that it is not a good idea. My cohort had an 80% APA match rate and it would have been higher but some students chose CAPIC because they couldn't bear the thought of ever leaving California. I am so glad I left although I do miss the beach at times.

Someone posted that Argosy Schaumburg only has a 30% APA match rate. To me that would mean that it is not a good idea. My cohort had an 80% APA match rate and it would have been higher but some students chose CAPIC because they couldn't bear the thought of ever leaving California. I am so glad I left although I do miss the beach at times.

Wait, they only applied to CAPIC and didn't even try for APA-accredited internships in CA?

A lot of them limited it to Cali which is highly competitive and thus ended up with only a CAPIC match. I am sure they tried for some APA sites too. I went for rural sites because I was tired of commuting. Right about the time I was applying I spent two hours in traffic coming back from practicum one Friday evening and had the realization that I didn't want to live that way anymore. I also miss the good Mexican food!

A lot of them limited it to Cali which is highly competitive and thus ended up with only a CAPIC match. I am sure they tried for some APA sites too. I went for rural sites because I was tired of commuting. Right about the time I was applying I spent two hours in traffic coming back from practicum one Friday evening and had the realization that I didn't want to live that way anymore. I also miss the good Mexican food!

Taco Surf, Alberto's, Robertito's, Gilberto's... Add lard, cumin, oregano and tomato-something to rice, beans and meat and call it a good day :)

Thanks for the clarification about the match. That makes more sense. The 10, 60, 101 and 405 are nuts but the 91 takes the cake. Don't blame you for bailing out.

As to the OP, I live near a professional school and could gain entry to it. I am opting for mid-level training for circumstantial reasons as well as a refusal to jeopardize my family's future by accumulating a mountain of debt. Having interviewed former students of such schools, they have experienced hindrances in their lives due to the debt load they carry, in spite of having found employment.

Last edited:
Hi all

I am an international student. Could someone help please who has been to either of these schools?
Reviews would be so appreciated!
You probably would have a better chance of getting information about these two school from current/past students by going to their Facebook page.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Taco Surf, Alberto's, Robertito's, Gilberto's... Add lard, cumin, oregano and tomato-something to rice, beans and meat and call it a good day :)

Thanks for the clarification about the match. That makes more sense. The 10, 60, 101 and 405 are nuts but the 91 takes the cake. Don't blame you for bailing out.

As to the OP, I live near a professional school and could gain entry to it. I am opting for mid-level training for circumstantial reasons as well as a refusal to jeopardize my family's future by accumulating a mountain of debt. Having interviewed former students of such schools, they have experienced hindrances in their lives due to the debt load they carry, in spite of having found employment.
That's not nice to rub it in my face! It's been a long time since I ate at any of those places. What about Supermex or El Burrito, jr.?

Reactions: 1 users