Arizona Acceptance!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My stepdad took me out to dinner tonight. He came home early from work today because he knew I was getting word from U of A. He was all excited when he burst through the door. I happened to be signing on right at that moment.

Yeah, since this is my second time being rejected from the U of A, I am all too aware that their admissions process is a bunch of bs. I have lots of friends who are second years who will be surprised yet again that I won't be joining them there. I won't be applying again next year. I can't afford to do the whole AMCAS thing again. I have an acceptance to Midwestern (AZCOM). It's a DO school and is actually my 8th choice, which has been really difficult to swallow all afternoon. I am on hold at 3 more schools, but since I haven't interviewed at them and it's March, I'm counting them as rejections.

I dunno. I think my mind is actually warped from having to do this twice. In a way I'm glad it's all over. I'm just not looking forward to the flood of "I'm sorry's" and "U of A sucks" that will come in the next few days/weeks from my family and friends. As if those words could make any difference in the way I feel about this. And I'm not looking forward to moving to Phoenix in August. Or having to take 2 sets of board exams. Or being perfect so I can get into a good allopathic residency program.

OK I'm going to bed now. I missing basketball anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

Ahh well. I guess that means I only have 6 more schools to await news from.

Well, it's official. I got the perverbial f-you from UofA in the mail. And they have the audacity to tell me about seminars they have so I can reapply next year! Damn, this irks me...looks like I'll be packing my bags and heading to Richmond!

Joe

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by eagle26:
•Well, it's official...looks like I'll be packing my bags and heading to Richmond!•[QB]

Sorry Joe, good luck at MCV though!

Oh man:

USC: 33
AZ: 22

Unless they come back, I'm out $20 (a dinner at PF Chang's)... :( Maybe if I explain to my friend (a USC alum) that I'm just a poor college student, he'll let me off the hook?

LOL jargon, good luck weasling your way out of that one!!!

Well jargon, U of A is playing a lot better so far in the second half. Arizona has always been a second half team, so you can never count them out if they're down at halftime. And I really like how the first half of the game was officiated. My stepdad laughed at me and told me my mouth was so foul he could have mistaken me for one of my brothers :wink: We're up by 5 now.

Yeah, I just got my mail too Joe. I also really like how schools send you the exact same rejection letter every year. Except with the dates changed, of course. And I think it was very classy of Arizona to have just made up a bunch of rejections and slapped names and addresses printed up by computer on the envelopes. Oh and if I sound bitter, it's because I am :wink:

Hey Kadyra!
I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry about the UA rejection; I got rejected too (also a 2nd time applicant), and I will also be going to AZCOM next year. I've been a grad student at Midwestern for this past year, and I have to say that I think you'll really end up enjoying your experience up here a lot. I've been taking some D.O. classes and I have to say that the faculty, students, and curriculum are GREAT. Sure, there might be some issues with going D.O. and taking 2 sets of boards, but I really believe that these things all work out in the end. Good luck, I hope you do hear from some of those other schools that you have applied to!!

Thanks AZCat. I've been told by my friend that I've moved from the upset stage to the angry stage. I know AZCOM is a good school. I wouldn't have applied or hung on the my acceptance if I didn't think that. It's just really frustrating, especially considering some of my "friends" are giving me a rough time about going DO. Because I really really need that right now :rolleyes: The people that I've been chatting with on the AZCOM thread in the pre-osteo forum have been super nice, and I am glad I will be calling them classmates. It just feels like a futile struggle for someone who wants to go into a competitive specialty (at least as of right now) since I know I can't expect perfection out of myself with my grades or my boards scores. I need to get out of this mindset :mad: