Arizona dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinker bell

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does any one know general stats about Arizona dental school like how many out of state student they will accept and have they set up a score range (for gpa and dat score) yet?
Thanks
T

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

So far, I know that Arizona is a private school. They indicated that out of state ( or Nonresident) applicant will be considered as in-state. Their website: <a href="http://www.ashs.edu." target="_blank">www.ashs.edu.</a>

tinker bell,

They will accept a total of 50 students, and it appears that around 35 (possible more for this first year) will be out-of-state students.

Science GPA must be above a 2.5 (!!) -- no range has been determined for DAT scores.

Far and away the largest factor in determining acceptance will be the applicant's motivation for serving the Arizona community as a dentist.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard they are favoring those that come from a disadvantaged background as well as minorities.
Now I'm beginning to question if I should apply since there are so few seats???
Is anyone here applying to AZ?

Hi Beagle,

I am applying Arizona next year.

Hi,
Me, too. I will apply it for 2004 entrance.

im applying for 2003.

Vixen
Are you also applying to UNLV?

I am also applying to ASHS and UNLV.

I've spoken with the Arizona Dean several times, and they are without a doubt seeking disadvantaged students -- mostly they feel that the school can be of greatest benefit to the Native American population in Arizona and neighboring states (Nevada & New Mexico). Their primary goal is to fill the class with Native American pre-dents, or those pre-dents who have already had signifigant contact with the underserved populations of Arizona and will continue to assist those peoples (whomever they may be).

I don't see that goal being fulfilled for several more years, at the minimum. Until the number of Native American and minority applicants to ASHS rises, the class will probably be composed of other applicants.

- G

I sort of made my list of dental schools I will be applying to. Definitely UNLV, but AZ I am not sure yet.

Thanks for the reply, I now wonder how do they know if you willing to work in the arizona area as a dentist or not. Will you have to state that on your secondary or personal statement somewhere?
thanks
T