arizona essay questions ????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

treasure_island

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for the 2 essay questions for ASDOH, each has to be less than 500 words. I have just above 100 words for each....is that too little? How much did you write?

THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

approximately 450 for each.

i went 513 for one, and 493 for the other

Members don't see this ad :)
treasure_island said:
for the 2 essay questions for ASDOH, each has to be less than 500 words. I have just above 100 words for each....is that too little? How much did you write?

THANKS!

Sometimes saying more means you simply don't have anything to say at all. Don't always assume that quantity has a positive correlation with quality.

Definitely quality over quantity, but 100 words... I'd up the word count by adding other meaninful and informative excerpts.

treasure_island said:

THANKS!

If you don't mind me asking, what are the questions they asked you? I'm just curious. I've visited the school a few times and always interested in their specific application process.
Thanks in advance.

SaxyDucky said:
If you don't mind me asking, what are the questions they asked you? I'm just curious. I've visited the school a few times and always interested in their specific application process.
Thanks in advance.

1) why did you volunteer in community service (dental clinic, etc) and what did u gain from it?

2) why do u wanna attend ASDOH?

I have another question:
I'm submitting the secondary online, but for the part that says "clinical, volunteer, community service", I have only filled up the middle part (volunteer experience in dentistry). for the top part (dental volunteering and financial compensation), and the lower part (other community service) i have left it blank. now it doesn't let me submit because it says it's incomplete.

what do i do?
(i don't wanna send it by paper cuz it's slower).

Thanks!

treasure_island said:
1) why did you volunteer in community service (dental clinic, etc) and what did u gain from it?

I have another question:
I'm submitting the secondary online, but for the part that says "clinical, volunteer, community service", I have only filled up the middle part (volunteer experience in dentistry). for the top part (dental volunteering and financial compensation), and the lower part (other community service) i have left it blank. now it doesn't let me submit because it says it's incomplete.

what do i do?

Thanks!

I just put "NA" in every space that did not apply to me and that seemed to work.

treasure_island said:

I have another question:

what do i do?

Thanks!
I wish you best luck. From my experience, they are dead serious about those three. Can you remember anything that you did in the past that was related to community service? You really don't want to put N/A there for this school. They are very community oriented.

luder98 said:
I wish you best luck. From my experience, they are dead serious about those three. Can you remember anything that you did in the past that was related to community service? You really don't want to put N/A there for this school. They are very community oriented.

really???? oh well, i already put NA for the spaces that didn't apply to me. but on the other hand, i wrote alot in the essay for the dental volunteering. oh god....i hope they like me :(

luder98 said:

I completely agree, but the way they ask the questions limits your ability to go into some of the detail as to what you've done. For instance, the first question is asking you to list all experience you have in a dental setting "for which you have been financially compensated." I have never had an experience in a dental setting and been compensated for it. I can't remember what I put, but it was most likely none.

Ultimately, the way they word it is the thing that limits you.