Arizona interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

larryt

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Arizona will start interview next tues (9/23). Good luck to all. I rescheduled mine to 9/30 (conflict with San Antonio interview). Can't wait to check the school out and meet ItsGavin and his beautiful classmates. By the way, which is the closest airport ? anybody know ?

Members don't see this ad.

sky harbor in phoenix is the only major airport in the surrounding city. southwest and america west usually have the best fares.

southdakotaDDS, I will see you there on 9/30

Members don't see this ad :)
wow... a written essay is required at the interview also.

Larry,

Be sure to take your digital camera with you and take a picture of Gavin for us. Post it on here so we can see what G-man looks like!! :laugh:

any reason y a written essay is necessary?
do dentists ever write?

Yah-E !

I will... just loaded my camera with a new 128meg memory stick..hehe

Originally posted by ecdoesit
any reason y a written essay is necessary?
do dentists ever write?

Just wait, you'll see. I think you are all in for a special treat. I know that MY interviews last year paled in comparisoin to what AZ ran us through.

It was a wonderful experience, though.

Come find me if I don't find you first!

BTW, Larry and southdakota, another guy who is interviewing with you guys on 9/30 will be staying at my house the night before. So that makes at least three of you!

I think they try to keep it to 5-7 interviewing at one time, but I'm not sure.

Originally posted by larryt
Yah-E !

I will... just loaded my camera with a new 128meg memory stick..hehe

I have no problem posting, but I don't have any WEBSITES with photos of me. Because of this, the only option is to post a 40x40 photo (all that SDN allows), which isn't big enough for much of anything in my opinion.

Is there a way around this?

Originally posted by ItsGavinC
I know that MY interviews last year paled in comparisoin to what AZ ran us through.

Now I'm scared!!!

At least this is my first interview, so maybe it's good that I won't have a "steriotypical interview method" in my mind.

So it's myself, Larry, and one of Gavin's friends on 9/30.

I believe there are two interview times that day. I will be at the 8am session, but I believe they are also having a session at 1pm.

Larry, which time do you interview? And Gavin, how about your friend?

mine will start at 8. I will stay at the Hilton hotel about 10 miles (15 min away) from the school.

Originally posted by SouthDakotaDDS
Originally posted by ItsGavinC

Now I'm scared!!!

At least this is my first interview, so maybe it's good that I won't have a "steriotypical interview method" in my mind.

Don't be scared. If anything it will show you what a special school it is.

Originally posted by SouthDakotaDDS
So it's myself, Larry, and one of Gavin's friends on 9/30.

Moe, Larry and Curly? :laugh:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Seriously though, good luck and hope you all do well!

hehe thanx Tom ..... for sure, we will rock Arizona....

Gavin, did you have to write an essay last year ?

Gavin !

How bad is traffic in the early morning on Superstition Freeway (US 60 East) from airport to school direction ?

I have a good deal with Hilton hotel, VIP room for only 39/nite (including tax).

Larry, that is a great deal!

Traffic heading east shouldn't be bad at all, since the bulk of the traffic will be from people heading west into Phoenix.

99% of the class lives within 3 miles of the school, so we don't deal with morning freeway traffic, but I've dealt with it prior to school starting and you should be fine.

Sweet deal on the hotel room!