Arizona? Maine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtnrunr3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I've been debating where to send my apps and I could use some help. I'm from western NC in the heart of the appalachian mountains and i was looking for somewhere kinda similar. Can anyone tell me about Glendale? Is it a huge city? or more like a college city? What is the area like... mountains? deserts? I'm having a hard time finding out about glendale on the internet and i've never been to arizona... so any info would be great! I also applied to UNECOM, so any info about Maine would be appreciated as well!
Thanks! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hello mtnrnr3! I addressed your inquiry in the osteopathic forum. Take a look there. I would be happy to answer any more questions you have about AZ, as well. Are you applying to AZCOM? I interviewed there on 15 Oct. Hoping I made a good impression because it's a great school. Good luck in your application process!!!

Originally posted by metsn02

My suggestion would be to apply to both and check them out for yourself when you get there.

Exactly.

I know people who were dead set on schools but changed their mind once they saw the campus and surrounding area.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you considered WVSOM in West Virginia? The appalachian trail is just about at the back door. Lewisburg is a small town with easy access to great outdoor recreation.

Additionally, the school accepts only those from West Virginia and the southern appalachian states. The curriculum is geared towards training and retaining physicians for rural areas--especially appalachia. Seems you would be a good candidate.

I've just recently considered WVSOM and will be visiting the campus in two weeks. From what I've read, it seems like a great curriculum if your looking for emphasis on primary care and OMM.

I'll report more after my visit if your interested.

Being a mere 5 hours from the WV campus, i drove up there a few weeks ago to check it out (as well as the new school in virginia). WV is amazing!!! Incredibly beautiful drive there.. but Lewisburg was not what i was expecting. Perhaps I picked an 'off' weekend, but I didnt see anyone under 40 there. The campus is off by itself with no other schools/colleges around. The city was cute and all... but really super small. Kinda a sleepy town. I dont know, I was torn when i went b/c i love the area, but i'm not sure there will be enough of a 'life' outside the school. I'm still deciding though, let me know what you think! The curriculum does look good though and they have a good reputation... and I suppose that should matter more anyhow.