1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Arizona School of Dentistry, MO

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by free123j, Nov 18, 2005.

1. free123j

free123j Guest

Pre-Dental
    Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health, in Kirksville, MO. what do u guys think. is it a good school?? give me any info.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. VegasBabyVegas

VegasBabyVegas Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

i heard it's almost as good as the UCLA School of Dentistry in Gainesville, FL., but not as good as the Harvard School of Dentistry in Burley, ID.

4. arizona dodger

I think the Arizona school is one of the best programs in the country. They have the best facilities and faculty that exist, and the students have nothing but the best to say about it. I interviewed there and that is my #1 choice. I have a few more interviews lined up, but I am hoping that I will get an acceptance letter on dec.1 so I don't have to waste my $ on second-tier schools(in my opinion).

5. TimR

TimR Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

the best facilities and faculty that exist.... that's a joke right?

6. ElDienteLoco

ElDienteLoco Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    TimR,

Have you been to ASDOH? If not, I would love to take you for a tour. It does have the best facilities hands down and I would agree about the best faculty although I'm sure that would be a matter of opinion. None of them are tenured which means if they aren't excellent, they get canned.

I believe the only joke is that the school is not in Kirksville MO. Our sister medical school (DO) is in Kirksville and we are part of the same university (AT Still University). Pre-dent applications go to Missouri first and that may be the source of confusion.

7. TimR

TimR Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

And you know this because you have toured every school and taken classes from faculty at every school as well? Nice try. I don't doubt that Arizona has great facilities and faculty but it's asanine to suggest they have the "best".

8. djktennis

djktennis Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Totally agreed Tim. Just because it may be the most laid back dental school doesn't make it the best. Do the students there no what faculty at the other dental schools think of it?? Probably not!

9. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    I wouldn't hesitate to say that our clinical facilities are probably the best in the country right now.

10. JustInTime

JustInTime Member
    5+ Year Member

Hmmmmm....... I wouldn't say it's the most laid back school. It's really up to the students to make the most out of their education or not. I found it's quite tough to maintain a 4.0 status here. Besides, "laying back" and still able to get a 92% National Board Exam passing rate this past July from the D2s, I suppose the faculty at other dental schools ought to think what ASDOH did right. :)

11. TimR

TimR Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

the administrator has spoken.... sobeit.

12. KrebsPsycho

KrebsPsycho Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

ditto

13. kittylover

kittylover Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    hahaha that's funny :)

14. PDizzle

PDizzle PreDents.com
    Partner Organization 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I happen to have taken the tour of the facilities and from my preliminary inspection, the facility was top notch. All the things in there were quite shinny and pretty. The heads had all their teeth in them and there were plenty of candy vending machines strategically located throghout the building.

I would have liked more drinking fountains near the sim lab but other then that, I can say it's the best in the country.

15. kew

kew
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    When I toured the school, there was just something about the layout that just demanded a thought of perfection. I mean, this facility from every aspect was just awesome. I went to the UNLV dental school the following week thinking that because their program was new as well, would be comparable. Boy was I disappointed. That program doesn't hold a candle at all to ASDOH. I'm serious. Adding to my point, the faculty they had running the place at ASDOH were super cool. We ended up passing many of them when we toured and you just got the feeling that half of the reason they were hired had to be for their people skills because they were all very nice and very funny. I would have loved to have talked to any one of them if there was time. I know what people mean when they say it's the best out there. I know I haven't interviewed at enough schools to really validate my opinion but regardless, it doesn't take away from the fact that they were IMPRESSIVE to say the very least.