• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Arizona State Pre-Med

ben999

May 26, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
    I am currently an incoming high school senior looking to eventually go to med school. I have a 4.0 gpa and a 1450 SAT (1490 superscore). I am considering staying in state at ASU, going to an out of state school with a higher med school acceptance rate (prob in California) , or doing a BSMD program at probably either Toledo or UMKC. I was wondering if ASU is a good option given it’s relatively small premed program or those rather unprestigious automatic admission shorten programs would be better, or a different option entirely. Thank You for any advice.

JowellHollyBuddy33

5+ Year Member
    Dec 22, 2015
    Illinois
    1. Medical Student
      California does not have a higher medical school acceptance rate, it's incredibly competitive. Also, why do a BSMD and limit yourself to going to medical school there? What if you hate it?

ASU is a great school. I would save money by staying in-state and just do well in your courses. Just don't party too much.

Reactions: 1 user

sliceofsupreme

Mar 28, 2020
      1. Pre-Medical
        I would just like to note that most BS/MD programs are highly competitive, with students typically accepted with a 1500 SAT or 34 ACT and many medical-related ECs. If you decide to apply to BS/MD programs, make sure you apply broadly and to regular undergrads that you like as well. However, ASU is not a "bad school" at all. I would say apply to some other schools you like and see if those schools would provide better financial aid, but don't go in college applications with the mindset of aiming for the most "not prestigious" school possible.

About the Ads

jhmmd

supernatural
      • Apr 28, 2020
        desert highway
          I am currently an incoming high school senior looking to eventually go to med school. I have a 4.0 gpa and a 1450 SAT (1490 superscore). I am considering staying in state at ASU, going to an out of state school with a higher med school acceptance rate (prob in California) , or doing a BSMD program at probably either Toledo or UMKC. I was wondering if ASU is a good option given it’s relatively small premed program or those rather unprestigious automatic admission shorten programs would be better, or a different option entirely. Thank You for any advice.
          Your stats are great. Go to the school where you feel like you fit in the best. College is a unique time to try out new things and experiment and figure out who you are. While I fully support BS/MD programs, I feel that they cut into time that would be spent having fun in college, and therefore becoming a more well-rounded person.

You're only young once. Don't miss it. :)

Reactions: 1 user
          About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.