FutureM.D.

Psychology major
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2002
Florida,USA
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Hi, I'm a Florida resident. I was born and raised here, go to college here, you get the picture. I'm thinking about what med schools I should send applications to(I'm only a college freshmen, but I'm getting an idea) and I'm interested in the Arkansas College of Medicine, however I'm not a resident to the state and they allow a LIMITED number of out-of-staters. Their website says that if you are an out-of-stater, you must prove STRONG TIES to the state. My father was born in Arkansas, my grandmother still lives in Little Rock, my cousin(my father's niece) went to the U of A undergrad, and I think my father's uncle is an alumni of the U of A(I'm checking up on that).Are these strong enough ties? How would I be able to get around this? and ya'll, please don't make remarks about how people in Arkansas don't have internet and don't know how to read. ;)

stringy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2002
arkansas
Visit site
Status (Visible)
The best thing to do is to call the admissions office. It is however hard to get in there out of state. I am also from arkansas and i would recommend to apply there if it was your very last resort. The school isn't great i have few friends there and they dont like it. So hope the info helps.
Stringy

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads