Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a Facebook for ARCOM class of 2021?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If there isn't, let's make an unofficial one.

Sent from my SM-G360T using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else concerned with the Deposit? If accepted, a $2000 deposit is required within 60 days of admission. That's crazy. Most programs only require a 50% deposit until ~4/15 (or so I thought). I'm not exactly loaded at the moment, either. Not to mention that most of us haven't even received post secondary decisions from a lot of other schools.

It just seems WAY too early in the cycle to be committed to one school. I don't want to be locked into a program without having the ability to visit the other programs (Or at least receive responses from them) that I spent $1000+ on to apply to!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else concerned with the Deposit? If accepted, a $2000 deposit is required within 60 days of admission. That's crazy. Most programs only require a 50% deposit until ~4/15 (or so I thought). I'm not exactly loaded at the moment, either. Not to mention that most of us haven't even received post secondary decisions from a lot of other schools.

It just seems WAY too early in the cycle to be committed to one school. I don't want to be locked into a program without having the ability to visit the other programs (Or at least receive responses) I spent $1000+ on to apply to!!!
You can place the deposit to hold your seat, but withdraw it within a certain period if you receive another offer! :clap:

Has anyone received further information after receiving an acceptance? I'm stilling waiting on the follow up emails :banana:

It just seems WAY too early in the cycle to be committed to one school. I don't want to be locked into a program without having the ability to visit the other programs (Or at least receive responses from them) that I spent $1000+ on to apply to!!!
I'm still waiting on the snail mail but I thought we only needed to put half down.

I'm still waiting on the snail mail but I thought we only needed to put half down.
I heard something similar to this at my interview. Mrs. Keyes said that there is a $500 deposit due relatively soon after acceptance notification then a $1500 deposit due awhile later.

I heard something similar to this at my interview. Mrs. Keyes said that there is a $500 deposit due relatively soon after acceptance notification then a $1500 deposit due awhile later.
Maybe they changed it? I definitely remember reading it on their website. If they did, that's good news and takes a lot of stress off of my shoulders.

Maybe they changed it? I definitely remember reading it on their website. If they did, that's good news and takes a lot of stress off of my shoulders.
If accepted prior to 11/15, $500 is due on 12/15 and the remaining $1500 is due a month later. This is explained in the snail mail acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I thought the $500 due by 11/15 was pretty good compared to other deposit requirements I have seen.

Yeah, I thought the $500 due by 11/15 was pretty good compared to other deposit requirements I have seen.

Facts. BCOM wants 3k by the first. Lol!!! Yea, if I rob a bank

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED! Actually missed the call this morning from a TN number and didn't get a chance to call back until now! I forgot the Dean was originally at LMU prior to ARCOM. I'm so excited that I shaking haha.

Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED!
So grateful for this opportunity. Wow. Sooo happy.
This school was great. I feel honored to contribute to their mission

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed today and the Dean said he just made some calls before coming in to talk with us :) congrats everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone coming in early for the 11/11 interview and wants to go eat the night before, let me know! :)

Can you guys who recently or about to interview please update us with what's going on with student housing? I know they mentioned it being across the street. I think by next summer or so. Also any current financial aid info would be nice too.

To people who already got interviewed, which hotel would you guys recommend. I will be interviewing at Nov 18. Thanks

I stayed at the Hamptom inn. They also have an ARCOM rate.
The staff was friendly and they had a really nice workout center.
Plus the breakfast was good.
Starbucks, as well as a couple restaurants, are right across the street if you are looking for a place to hangout

+1 for Hampton Inn. The room was really nice and the breakfast was good.

Can someone who's already interviewed give a little more insight on the type of interview questions they ask? What to be prepared for?

Can someone who's already interviewed give a little more insight on the type of interview questions they ask? What to be prepared for?

Mine was extremely relaxed. One faculty and one community member. Closed file & simple questions- Why DO? Why did you chose to apply to a new school? Etc. I did have one ethical question about end-of-life care.

The faculty there are very friendly and sincerely want to make sure that you are a good fit for their school.
They don't try to intimidate you or make you feel uncomfortable. They just want to get to know who you are because they liked you on paper.

My advice would be to give sincere responses to why you want to be a doctor and go to their school. If you are sincere it will show and I think that will speak volumes.

I would also be ready to talk about your accomplishments, as well as any faults you may have on your application and how you grew from them.
It's hard to say which questions specifically to prepare for because I think my interviewers were picking questions from list of questions.

Just know yourself and your application well. Stress how you will be an asset to their school.

Good luck :) don't stress. They are very welcoming and kind.

so there is no group interview? Just individual interview with the faculty?

I am really excited for all of you who are accepted into the inaugural class of 2021. This school showed a lot of promise when the CEO came and talked to us at the University of Arkansas. I would really like to know how it goes!

Hey guys! IS applicant here. Just got invited for an interview! Haven't decided the date yet but leaning towards 11/18.

How important is the DO letter for acceptance? Also has anyone been accepted with a 124 on a section ?

Hey guys! IS applicant here. Just got invited for an interview! Haven't decided the date yet but leaning towards 11/18.

How important is the DO letter for acceptance? Also has anyone been accepted with a 124 on a section ?

DO letter is mandatory. They held my acceptance until it was received.

Accepted!!! Interviewed 10/24.

Reactions: 1 users

I know of sub-500 MCATs being accepted, so a 124 shouldn't be a problem.

My MCAT was a 496, so no worries about a 124.

Got the call today interview 10/24. Waiting on that golden piece of mail now

Reactions: 2 users
Just submitted my secondary. How long did it take you guys to hear back after you submitted?

I stayed at the Hamptom inn. They also have an ARCOM rate.
The staff was friendly and they had a really nice workout center.
Plus the breakfast was good.
Starbucks, as well as a couple restaurants, are right across the street if you are looking for a place to hangout
Thanks for the info.

Just submitted my secondary. How long did it take you guys to hear back after you submitted?
submitted on like a monday got my interview invite ~3 days later. quick turn around at least for me

4 hours after I submitted mine haha

Don't worry if you don't hear right away. I didn't hear back for over a month after submitting the secondary and still was accepted. I got the II email around 9 pm so it was quite a surprise.

Don't worry if you don't hear right away. I didn't hear back for over a month after submitting the secondary and still was accepted. I got the II email around 9 pm so it was quite a surprise.

Very true. I was hoping to show that it's been completely different/random for everyone. Congrats on the acceptance! Hopefully I'll be joining you soon!