Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on Monday, the 12th. Wow that's a really fast turn around! You interviewed on the 16th and heard back on Monday? Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I interviewed on the 2nd, and haven't heard a thing. They told us that the average wait time was 3-4 weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on the 2nd, and haven't heard a thing. They told us that the average wait time was 3-4 weeks.

Yeah I've been seeing that has been the average but a faculty member mentioned to me that they wanted to get the decisions done by Christmas so maybe this week but it could very well be January still

Yeah I've been seeing that has been the average but a faculty member mentioned to me that they wanted to get the decisions done by Christmas so maybe this week but it could very well be January still

It's possible that they may call today or tomorrow. I'm thinking next week, so I won't be disappointed with myself haha.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those accepted last week via email/phone call, I got my official letter in the mail and the dates are weird. The letter date says 12/9, but I got my email on 12/15. Plus the dates for the payment are on there and they're the old dates (12/15 and 1/15) from people accepted before all of us. Just a heads up that the payments are due sooner than you all may be expecting (1/9 and 2/9 I guess) for you all that may be still waiting for it. I received mine on Friday so they should be there soon for all of you!

For those accepted last week via email/phone call, I got my official letter in the mail and the dates are weird. The letter date says 12/9, but I got my email on 12/15. Plus the dates for the payment are on there and they're the old dates (12/15 and 1/15) from people accepted before all of us. Just a heads up that the payments are due sooner than you all may be expecting (1/9 and 2/9 I guess) for you all that may be still waiting for it. I received mine on Friday so they should be there soon for all of you!
Dang, I was kinda banking on it being due in later February so I would hear back from other schools before. Thanks for the heads up!

Same! I live close to the school, so I know it didn't take a week to get to me. Feel like they're kind of cheating us out of at least 1 week. Oh well! I may call and make sure on the dates since the letter didn't have updated payment dates listed.
Yeah I kinda feel the same way! I'm in state as well, im guessing we are both waiting on UAMS? Haha let me know what they say if you do call

Yeah I kinda feel the same way! I'm in state as well, im guessing we are both waiting on UAMS? Haha let me know what they say if you do call
Haha yes, unfortunately I think our timing is going to be off by ~1-2 weeks.. Will do!

Just got an email about the first DEPOSIT( $500). It is not much compared to WVSOM which is $2000.

It's $2000 still. $500 and then $1500
You are right. But I have another interview at KCU ( my top Choice) in January. If I get into KCU, I do not have to pay ARCOM second deposit. For WVSOM, their first deposit is $2000.

I really hope they make some calls today I'm a nervous wreck over here

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they might. Today is their last day before break and I think they were reviewing stuff yesterday.

I interviewed on 12/2, and I'm thinking we might hear back next week. Some people have been hearing back after 3.5 - 5 weeks.

Last edited:
I think a lot of us this past round received acceptances via email, so keep your eyes open there! Mine came around 11 AM. Good luck!

Who knows, anything goes. A friend of mine said adcoms may have festive moods for the holidays, and may not feel like doing anything.

Well just got a letter in the mail. I was waitlisted. Does anyone know when they will start pulling from the waitlist? Goodness I'm super bummed right now

Last edited:
Well just got a letter in the mail. I was waitlisted. Does anyone know when they will start pulling from the waitlist? Goodness I'm super bummed right now

I never got an email/letter. Does that mean I got rejected?

Don't let it get you down. There will be plenty of movement from the waitlist.

Expect, at the minimum, a good amount of movement come February. Keep your head up! You'll get some good news sooner than later IMO!

I'm hoping this isn't too positive of thinking, but I think there should be a considerable amount of acceptances offered to those on the waitlist since this is an inaugural class. What are your opinions on this?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm hoping this isn't too positive of thinking, but I think there should be a considerable amount of acceptances offered to those on the waitlist since this is an inaugural class. What are your opinions on this?

I agree. There will likely be substantial movement from the waitlist.

Agreed

Sent from my SM-G360T using SDN mobile

Do the adcom just evaluate our interview with the faculty/community? I was shy and nervous in the tbl and in general there.

Do the adcom just evaluate our interview with the faculty/community? I was shy and nervous in the tbl and in general there.
IMHO, shy and nervous is much better for med school interviews than over confident.

Was told by faculty that the whole day was evaluated. Agree though with above that it's better to have been nervous than over confident! I think that's to be expected!

You will probably have a great chance being pulled off the waitlist!

So, I had a C- in organic chemistry. It was listed as "in progress" on AACOMAS, and I completed it with a B+. The grade hasn't been updated yet in the academic update period, but it's in line. Could this be a reason for the waitlist, or was it my interview skills?

So, I had a C- in organic chemistry. It was listed as "in progress" on AACOMAS, and I completed it with a B+. The grade hasn't been updated yet in the academic update period, but it's in line. Could this be a reason for the waitlist, or was it my interview skills?
I would say any waitlist right now would have been an acceptance 3-4 weeks ago. I think WL decisions are a reflection of not enough seats open at the moment and an anticipation for a portion of currently accepted applicants to take spots at other schools. I wouldn't read too much into it right now

Interview.

Accepted. Got the letter Thursday! Best Christmas present ever. Keep your heads up those who have been waitlisted.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted. Got the letter Thursday! Best Christmas present ever. Keep your heads up those who have been waitlisted.

Congratulations! I'm not going to hear back yet because I'm having issues with a DO letter, I want to know so bad!

Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe that when the interviews end in March, they'll begin taking people off the waitlist. The waitlist will be ranked by gpa/MCAT/ec/interview performance. That being said, it's a new school so a lot of people should get pulled off.

Sent in primary Nov 2nd. Still no confirmation. Tried emailing and calling with no luck.

Does anyone know if they are open to calls about post rejection candidate evaluations?