Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! None of them are from New England so I guess I have my answer lol

I would still apply if you were willing to go to school in Arkansas. Several people from NY got in. There isn't a secondary essay, only a $50 fee. Also tons of people were pulled from the waitlist from last year. Just my opinion since this school was not high on my radar till the interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm currently sitting next to a girl from Pennsylvania in the anatomy course so don't let that deter you

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I would still apply if you were willing to go to school in Arkansas. Several people from NY got in. There isn't a secondary essay, only a $50 fee. Also tons of people were pulled from the waitlist from last year. Just my opinion since this school was not high on my radar till the interview.
Do you know what the average MCAT score was of the last cycle and the sGPA? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know what the average MCAT score was of the last cycle and the sGPA? Thanks!!
We won't know until the school releases the info officially. Just reading through this thread I think the school is lenient. If you have a high gpa (3.6+) but low MCAT (sub-500) you can still land an interview and vice versa. It's a tough question. I believe many people who dropped their seats in favor of other schools likely had higher stats. Then the adcom started pulling off the waitlist and eventually a lot of people got off it recently. This is all speculation on my part, so just apply whether or not you think you've got a favorable chance. Applying still means your chances of an interview are >0%.

My last mcat score from two years ago was a 499 and I have a 3.42 sGPA and 3.7 cGPA. Should I submit now or wait until after August when I take the mcat again?

My last mcat score from two years ago was a 499 and I have a 3.42 sGPA and 3.7 cGPA. Should I submit now or wait until after August when I take the mcat again?

Personally I would submit now and update with the new MCAT score when you take it. Maybe ask for some other opinions and/or call the school to ask what they would advise.

My numbers are all lower than that and I got in off the waitlist in April, apply now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got the call yesterday, so I am running around like a crazy person trying to get things done. See you all soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For the dress code , are girls allowed to wear t shirts if it is a t-shirt blouse?

I'm a little fuzzy on the guidelines from their handout.

Just got an acceptance call the end of last week, didn't even interview here. Really odd.

I doubt that means they actually go here - sounds like an error in contact numbers or something. There have been people who receive acceptance letters from others schools that didn't interview at them either. I haven't heard of anyone in our class that did not interview, and our seats are all filled.

Sent from my SM-N910P using SDN mobile

Hey guys I should make some clarifications. First off my stats are probably slightly above average for DO applicants 3.65 (similar science gpa) and 504 MCAT, worked in a hospital 2+ years and won a research award. Been accepted to a few schools, including MSUCOM where I attend.
Anyway I had applied here with a primary and secondary. A few weeks ago I returned their call and saying the had exiting opportunity for their medical school class that starts next week, when I told them I had already been accepted elsewhere they wished me luck. My guess is they had a few last minute drops and were trying to fill a seat.

is there a discussion thread for the 2017-2018 cycle? can't find one lol

II just now!

cGPA: 3.77
sGPA: 3.50
MCAT: 500

I have talked with the president of the Arkansas Osteopathic Association and he is the one who has really been the driving factor behind this university. He and his father, whom is a DO and teaches in Kirksville, both came and talked at my university last year about this school opening up. They have high expectations for this university and in my honest opinion I think this medical school will be better than the NYIT-Jonesboro medical school. I can find his phone number and email if you all really need or want it. He is open to anyone contacting him about physicians to shadow in Arakansas or just answering general questions.

Whats the contact info? Are you able to send it privately? thanks!

Hi I just got accepted here and am finishing up my senior year of undergrad. I was wondering what GPA I have to maintain to keep my acceptance if anyone knows. I'm not planning on doing poorly in any of my classes or anything like that, but definitely don't want to lose my spot. Thanks!!

Hi I just got accepted here and am finishing up my senior year of undergrad. I was wondering what GPA I have to maintain to keep my acceptance if anyone knows. I'm not planning on doing poorly in any of my classes or anything like that, but definitely don't want to lose my spot. Thanks!!
Did you mean to post this in the current years thread?
I don't think you need to maintain a certain GPA after an acceptance, just as long as you get a C or better in all of your classes, you meet the prereqs, and have a degree.

Did you mean to post this in the current years thread?
I don't think you need to maintain a certain GPA after an acceptance, just as long as you get a C or better in all of your classes, you meet the prereqs, and have a degree.
I didn't think anyone in the current thread would know. I was accepted over a week ago and received the letter but haven't received the email. Was that what it said in the email? Thanks!!

I didn't think anyone in the current thread would know. I was accepted over a week ago and received the letter but haven't received the email. Was that what it said in the email? Thanks!!
The email was very generic BUT I've never heard of a school that have a GPA condition as part of an acceptance. All you need to do is make sure you have a C or better in the prereqs and have a degree. Even with a semester of straight C's, I can't see them pulling an acceptance.

My question is to any current ARCOM students attending now:
Who should I contact if I got accepted via phone and email, but still have not received the official letter in the mail. It has been about 3 weeks since my acceptance and no mail or further directions about what to do.

Thanks for your help and guidance in advance!

I have a question about the physical required if anybody is still following

My question is to any current ARCOM students attending now:
Who should I contact if I got accepted via phone and email, but still have not received the official letter in the mail. It has been about 3 weeks since my acceptance and no mail or further directions about what to do.

Thanks for your help and guidance in advance!
Admissions. Ms. Keyes.

Would a first year be able to show me the campus this weekend? I'm going to explore Fort Smith this weekend and would love to come for a second look.

Would a first year be able to show me the campus this weekend? I'm going to explore Fort Smith this weekend and would love to come for a second look.

I would maybe send a message to the fb group ARCOM inaugural class and see if any students would take you up on that. I think someone will. Students aren’t officially back until Jan. 3