Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Arkansas med students?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by FutureM.D., Aug 10, 2002.

1. FutureM.D.

FutureM.D. Psychology major
    7+ Year Member

Hi, I'm a Florida resident. I was born and raised here, go to college here, you get the picture. I'm thinking about what med schools I should send applications to(I'm only a college freshmen, but I'm getting an idea) and I'm interested in the Arkansas College of Medicine, however I'm not a resident to the state and they allow a LIMITED number of out-of-staters. Their website says that if you are an out-of-stater, you must prove STRONG TIES to the state. My father was born in Arkansas, my grandmother still lives in Little Rock, my cousin(my father's niece) went to the U of A undergrad, and I think my father's uncle is an alumni of the U of A(I'm checking up on that).Are these strong enough ties? How would I be able to get around this? Any Arkansas med students here?? and ya'll, please don't make remarks about how people in Arkansas don't have internet and don't know how to read. ;)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. FutureM.D.

7+ Year Member

Please, is there anyone here with any info on the Arkansas college of medicine? Maybe someone who knows someone who goes there or something? :confused:

4. WSUreds

WSUreds Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I have a friend who is a 4th year there. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.

5. FutureM.D.

7+ Year Member

Thank you soooo much!!! :clap: :clap: