Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruggerboy123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there who is either thinking about or doing the military scholarship? If so, did anyone of you talk to the recruiter or go to MEPS yet? What is it like?

Members don't see this ad.

I am thinking of doing it. My grandfather met a navy captain who is a doctor while he was speaking at an event about his experiences in World War II. She put me in contact with another doctor/recruiter out in Bethesda. Granted you make a little less money during your military service time, but the civilian loans you take out will accumulate some serious interest over 10 years. I had a lengthy conversation with her over the phone. I am really tired right now, so I don't have energy to look up the link to the website, but pm me, so I remember to look up the link. I could probably send her your email address as well.

Theres another forum for this type of stuff, "Military Medicine".

I am thinking of doing it. My grandfather met a navy captain who is a doctor while he was speaking at an event about his experiences in World War II. She put me in contact with another doctor/recruiter out in Bethesda. Granted you make a little less money during your military service time, but the civilian loans you take out will accumulate some serious interest over 10 years. I had a lengthy conversation with her over the phone. I am really tired right now, so I don't have energy to look up the link to the website, but pm me, so I remember to look up the link. I could probably send her your email address as well.

Do you know which schools have a large military student body other than USUHS? Also, is it good to bring up the military at the interview?