Army BOLC and AEGD timeframe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tuts09

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've researched this subject and I'm sure its been posted somewhere on this site, but I've had no luck in getting answers to my question. Don't most Army HPSP students do BOLC the summer after graduation? I know the usual starting dates for BOLC are from the beginning of June and runs into July. But when does the 1 year AEGD start? I'm assuming that its sometime later to allow those who didn't complete BOLC prior to graduation to have enough time to report to their AEGD.

I guess what worries me is that due to my school's curriculum we don't get out until the end of June. Which means that I'll have to wait until after graduation to complete BOLC. I guess I'm just worried that if I finish BOLC after then I'll run into some problems with starting 1 year AEGD (which is my plan at this point, assuming I get selected).

Anyways if anybody shed some light on the subject then I'd greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
AMEDD BOLC starts mid June and finishes in Mid-late July. 1-yr AEGD programs start on 1 Aug, so you would have to do BOLC in June. Also, if you do BOLC at other time period, it is usually longer than 6wks. To my knowledge, next available one is in Mid august and it ends around Early October. So if you miss the June BOLC, you would most likely have to forfeit your AEGD spot. FYI, 1yr AEGD is only available to new grads.

So to avoid all the headache, you can try to talk to your school to see if you can graduate a few weeks earlier (most likely 2-3 weeks earlier). I would start talking to them now.

Reactions: 1 user
I know D4s graduate sometime in May, so I am pretty sure I’ll be able to make it to BOLC in June.
Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad :)
just curious but does BOLC after graduating count toward the 4 year payback?

It depends on when it is completed - once you graduated ds and wear the rank of CPT then it should count. Any time before, say before ds, it would not. Having said, doing BOLC before ds was arguably the best decision I'd made in my Army career.