Army Gastroenterology Billets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemist157

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which billets/clinics/hospitals have the lowest acuity? Do any of them primarily do screening and elective procedures or will there always be inpatient work with a lot of overnight emergencies?

Members don't see this ad.

Generally the smaller bases. The three places I have worked TAMC, WBAMC and WAMC all had a trickle of GIB coming into the unit during the week with WBAMC being far and away the highest acuity due to the much higher incidence of ESLD in the community. Why would you want to restrict your practice and let skills deteriorate though? Most of the complaints from the procedure heavy specialties are about lack of volume, not too much.

Generally the smaller bases. The three places I have worked TAMC, WBAMC and WAMC all had a trickle of GIB coming into the unit during the week with WBAMC being far and away the highest acuity due to the much higher incidence of ESLD in the community. Why would you want to restrict your practice and let skills deteriorate though? Most of the complaints from the procedure heavy specialties are about lack of volume, not too much.
I guess I phrased it incorrectly. I'm looking to weed out the ones with the lowest acuity (seemed like it would be easier than listing the ones with the standard GIB stuff). I worry about winding up somewhere which is just primarily screening.