Army HPSP and Deposit Reimbursement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JangoFett

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the Army reimburses you for your deposits.
If so, what is the process?

Members don't see this ad.

I was told by a recruiter that they do reimburse for the deposit of the school where you will be attending (probably not for deposits you lost by not attending). There's some form you fill out to get reimbursed for your books, and when you fill this out, add in the amount of the deposit. I'd guess that you'll need a receipt from the bursar saying that you paid the deposit. I'd like to get my deposit back before purchasing my books, so if you find out whether or not you can, please let me know!

They do reimburse you for your deposit. You don't put it on the form for books.

What happens is that the school should bill the Army for the full cost of tuition including the deposit. When the school gets paid by the army then the school will give you a check to cover the deposit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Slevin, do you know how long it takes to get the reimbursement back from the school after MODS says the money was disbursed? Who at LECOM would I talk to? FinAid?

Slevin, do you know how long it takes to get the reimbursement back from the school after MODS says the money was disbursed? Who at LECOM would I talk to? FinAid?
I forgot how long it took, I think the beginning of october of last year is how long it took me.

BTW the MMC is having a paintball tournament on 10/3 you should come out.

At my school, they bill the Army with a purchase order. It should be instantaneous (roughly speaking). They send the Army the bill directly, and should have that sorted out before fin aid is distributed. You should get your refund back with the financial aid disbursement.

I would go track down some folks in Fin Aid and make sure they did it right. Then keep after them until it is all squared away.