Army HPSP Class of 2024 Scholarship_Off the OML list but commissioning postponed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tlim678

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Fortunately, I got off the OML list and was offered for 4yr scholarship. I agreed to come in to commission asap within couple of days of the notice. But I was informed few hours before commissioning that my contract could not be pulled up for me to sign because of the problem within the systems that they mismatch or etc (recruiter's explanation was vague). They said they have to request for an update higher up and wait until it is updated for me to sign. I assumed it will be alright because I received a draft contract to prove that this process was legitimate.

Has this happened to anyone? I am just curious what is happening.

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to the military. Hurry up and wait. I had to remind my detailer my 4th year of dental school that I was graduating as I didn't receive my orders yet and others had. Errors are rampant, best advise, stay on top of your stuff because others sure won't.

Reactions: 2 users
Welcome to the military. Hurry up and wait. I had to remind my detailer my 4th year of dental school that I was graduating as I didn't receive my orders yet and others had. Errors are rampant, best advise, stay on top of your stuff because others sure won't.

You are right, I learned that lesson when I was applying for the scholarship. My question is, will they ever back off and revoke the offer. Time is running out and I got bills to pay.

I did BOLC prior to starting dental school so my situation was different than most.

The day I graduated dental school I commissioned at Fenway Park. And then again the day I arrived at my first duty station. And then the following day because they messed the paperwork up. Because of the paperwork mix up I didn’t start getting paid until the second day and my entry date is now different than my orders (technically AWOL maybe...)

I’m now currently on TDY (essentially a work trip) and am footing the bill myself because while the Army approved the trip months in advance, the day my plane landed the paperwork was rejected due to lack of funds...

In the military things work out eventually, just never quickly, and never in your favor

Welcome to the Army, prepare to get ****ed