• Forums Updates - Thursday at 1:00 AM Eastern
    We will be performing some system maintenance on Thursday starting around 1:00 AM Eastern. The forums will be unavailable for approximately one hour.

Army Army HPSP Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H&GDoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently a sophomore in college and have grown interested in joining the army as a reserve. However, my dream career is to be a doctor, and I believe that the HPSP Program that the army offers is a great opportunity for me. If I were to join the army as a reserve now, would it be possible in the future to apply for the program during my senior year and have my reserve contract terminated? Or would I have to finish my contract before I can apply for HPSP?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I'm currently a sophomore in college and have grown interested in joining the army as a reserve. However, my dream career is to be a doctor, and I believe that the HPSP Program that the army offers is a great opportunity for me. If I were to join the army as a reserve now, would it be possible in the future to apply for the program during my senior year and have my reserve contract terminated? Or would I have to finish my contract before I can apply for HPSP?

Thanks in advance!
My advice is that if you want to be a med student in 2-3 years that you stay out of the reserves

Get your grades and mcat in line, get into med school, then read a lot of the discussions here on the board about pros and cons of military.....then maybe sign up

Reactions: 1 user