Army HPSP Setting up rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slevin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently and MS II and my school is getting ready to start setting up rotations for 3rd year. I know I have to do two rotations with the Army one during 3rd year and one during 4th year but I'm not sure how to set them up.

I didn't get the chance to go to OBLC so I'm a little in the dark about this process

Members don't see this ad.

They don't cover this in OBLC, anyway. You actually don't have to do one in third and one in fourth year; you can use them both in fourth year. Generally, you figure out what specialty you want to do, see where the Army trains those physicians, and call up the contact person for that specialty at the institutions at which you want to match. Tell them who you are, and when you would like to rotate, then log on to MODS, and put in your ADT request with that information, so you can get actual orders cut for that rotation. This process can be done no earlier than 1 January of your third year (for ADTs in your fourth year). You can do the same thing, but not include MODS, if you want additional rotations without active duty orders (if your school will allow these extra aways). You might also want to look in to doing OBLC the summer between third and fourth year, so you do not have to do it after residency.