Army Med and HPSP questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HPSP_DO

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to SDN and a newly accepted future DO student. I have been accepted for the HPSP scholarship and I had a question about the training requirements. I understand that I have to complete DCC and BOLC, my question is when should this been done? Based on my current work/research schedule and when medical school will be starting I don't think I can complete DCC prior to starting. Will this be an issue? Please advise!

Members don't see this ad.

Doing DCC before school starts would be great, but not at all required. I did DCC after MS1 and BOLC after MS2. This summer there is a 6 week DCC/BOLC, no idea if it will be offered next year. Reason for knocking them out is so you don't delay residency.

Reactions: 1 user
They have a new combined DCC/BOLC 6 week course you can do between your M1 and M2 year. There’s a HPSP Facebook page you can join with more info

Doing DCC before school starts would be great, but not at all required. I did DCC after MS1 and BOLC after MS2. This summer there is a 6 week DCC/BOLC, no idea if it will be offered next year. Reason for knocking them out is so you don't delay residency.
Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have more info on this combined course or how to find the right Facebook page? Thanks!
Facebook Page is called Military HPSP Students & Physicians Your HPSP 'contact' by last name, first initial, should be able to provide information about initial military training (DCC and BOLC) though you could likely also review some of the recent facebook entries to determine when class dates will be posted.

Knock your DCC and BOLC out ASAP that way you don't have to worry about it.