army reserve vs army national guard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iLuvDAT

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
both offer same benefits (50K loan repayment or 75K bonus for 3 years) for your part time service. Which one is least likely to get you deployed? I don't quite understand the difference between working for these two branches as a medical officer. anyone cares to elaborate ?

Members don't see this ad.

both offer same benefits (50K loan repayment or 75K bonus for 3 years) for your part time service. Which one is least likely to get you deployed? I don't quite understand the difference between working for these two branches as a medical officer. anyone cares to elaborate ?

You WILL get deployed with either of these services. You will hate every day that you serve it your only reason for joining is to pay for medical school. When you deploy, soldiers, Marines, airmen, whomever will be relying on you to save their life or treat their wounds with some sort of passion for their wellbeing and purpose. If you are not willing to do this then find another way to pay for school.

In general, reserve deploys more often than guard. However, it is highly dependent on the particular mission your unit has.