• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Army Reserves Board Certification Special Pay

TheEarDoc

Audiologist
10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2010
The dirty south
  1. Non-Student
I have been trying to access the RCMS board certification/incentives website and it just gives me an error it cannot be reached. I was informed today I am entitled to board certification pay, but need to submit for it through the portal, but the link I was provided does not seem to work.

Does anyone know if the reserves self service portal (the RCMS self service) for incentives is down or it another one of those lovely .mil sites that only works from .mil networked computers?

Neogenesis

Certifiable
15+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2005
Georgia
  1. Attending Physician
I have been trying to access the RCMS board certification/incentives website and it just gives me an error it cannot be reached. I was informed today I am entitled to board certification pay, but need to submit for it through the portal, but the link I was provided does not seem to work.

Does anyone know if the reserves self service portal (the RCMS self service) for incentives is down or it another one of those lovely .mil sites that only works from .mil networked computers?

It is a problem in their end. I was able to access it on home computers and VA computers up to about 3-4 weeks ago. I eventually called IT and they told me that it is an issue on theirs end and that they are aware of it and working to fix it. You can access it from computers logged into the army network however. I had to go to my local recruiting station to log on and access it. Royal pain.

About the Ads

armytrainingsir

2+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2017
  1. Attending Physician
Back pay is specifically not authorized. The pay starts when the contract is executed by the army.

Also, don't expect to see it on your LES after your first BA when you first become eligible for BC pay. Only your drill pay will be on it’s own LES, and IME, there is a two week flash to bang before you get your board pay deposited with a second LES for the same BA date

Last edited:

TheEarDoc

Audiologist
10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2010
The dirty south
  1. Non-Student
Back pay is specifically not authorized. The pay starts when the contract is executed by the army.

Also, don't expect to see it on your LES after your first BA when you first become eligible for BC pay. Only your drill pay will be on it’s own LES, and IME, there is a two week flash to bang before you get your board pay deposited with a second LES for the same BA date

Thank you for the info. Thanks to COVID and ROM we cannot get access to a .mil network computer even though I am on post so I can't submit my forms online for this so I am missing out on board pay for almost 30 days of active duty training.

How long does it usually take Uncle Sam to get the board pay started after you submit everything in the self service portal?

DMBandFan86

10+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2011
  1. Attending Physician
Actually I tried again on a military network on several computers and couldn’t get the website to function properly. Nothing like the army to make it very difficult to get your incentive

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.