Army Rotation question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

texdrake

Stand-Up Philosopher
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone done Peds or FP at the following sites?

Darnell, Madigan, San Antonio.

I was planning on doing FP at Darnell and Peds at Madigan, but was wondering if anyone had opinions on the quality of rotations at these sites (i.e. is Peds better at Madigan or S.A.? and is FP better at Madigan or Darnall?)

Members don't see this ad.

texdrake said:
Anyone done Peds or FP at the following sites?

Darnell, Madigan, San Antonio.

I was planning on doing FP at Darnell and Peds at Madigan, but was wondering if anyone had opinions on the quality of rotations at these sites (i.e. is Peds better at Madigan or S.A.? and is FP better at Madigan or Darnall?)

IMHO peds is best at Madigan. I'm sure Mr. Homunculus, oops, sorry Dr. Homunculus, might disagree with me a tad. Come rotate through, we'd love to see you.

As to quality. One of my best friends from medical school is currently at the Seattle Children's program. I think I'm getting just a good of education as she is (Better in some, worse in others). You will find that the 18 peds residents at Madigan are very happy here. Another great thing is when the mountain comes out (Ranier). PM me if you have any specific questions.

Ed

Thanks for the advice. I think I will do my Peds up at Madigan then....July in particular. I think I would rather live there anyways. I guess my dillema is that I am probably about 60 percent FP and 30 percent Peds, so I thought it might be better to do the FP where I was thinking of ending up. I have heard a lot of good things about Peds at Madigan though so I guess I will do the following:

JULY: Peds, Madigan
AUGUST: IM, William-Beaumont
SEPTEMBER: FP, Darnall