1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

aromatic and alkene chemistry

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by deathvvv, Jun 4, 2008.

1. deathvvv

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey guys

according to the gold standard the MCAT doesnt test aromatic and alkene chemistry specifically, is this true?

2. Esteban

Esteban Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I read in EK organic chemistry that MCAT doesn't test benzene rings! I guess it's true, then?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. secants

secants about:blank
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yup, no benze or alkene chemistry. Go to AMCAS (sp) and read the topics they test for O-chem. They state no alkenes and and aromatic compounds.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cheezer

cheezer Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    fill me in after you take it!

5. tncekm

tncekm MS-1
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Not directly, but I'd still keep fresh on it since it could show up in a passage.

6. supafield

supafield Dream Big
    7+ Year Member

Anything you get about alkenes will be provided on the test.... but they're still devoted a chapter by most test prep companies which suggests either they're too lazy to change their books or that the topic appears enough to warrant knowing it at least a little bit....

7. engineeredout

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Benzene rings and aromatic rings in general were one of my favorite topics in orgo, but I guess thats just me.