Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

aromatic and alkene chemistry

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by deathvvv, Jun 4, 2008.

1. deathvvv

deathvvv 7+ Year Member

May 18, 2008
    Hey guys

according to the gold standard the MCAT doesnt test aromatic and alkene chemistry specifically, is this true?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Esteban

Esteban Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I read in EK organic chemistry that MCAT doesn't test benzene rings! I guess it's true, then?

4. secants

secants about:blank 10+ Year Member

Aug 23, 2006
    Yup, no benze or alkene chemistry. Go to AMCAS (sp) and read the topics they test for O-chem. They state no alkenes and and aromatic compounds.
  5. cheezer

cheezer Guest

fill me in after you take it!
  6. tncekm

tncekm MS-1 2+ Year Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Not directly, but I'd still keep fresh on it since it could show up in a passage.
  7. supafield

supafield Dream Big 7+ Year Member

May 18, 2006
    Anything you get about alkenes will be provided on the test.... but they're still devoted a chapter by most test prep companies which suggests either they're too lazy to change their books or that the topic appears enough to warrant knowing it at least a little bit....
  8. engineeredout

engineeredout 7+ Year Member

May 11, 2008
    Benzene rings and aromatic rings in general were one of my favorite topics in orgo, but I guess thats just me.