Arrest but not convicted of misdemeanor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Member898989898

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope people here can help me find some answers. I would like to start by telling you I'm not applying to med school but my girlfriend is and its been her lifelong dream. I am here because of an incident that occurred a couple of weeks ago

two weeks ago me and my girlfriend got into a huge fight and the cops showed up and arrested her for domestic battery because of the report i gave them.Domestic battery is a misdemeanor but she is not going to be convicted of it and her record should be expunged

She is very distraught over the situation and feels her chances of getting into med school are greatly hindered. i feel extremely guilty and am trying to find outlets to get a better understanding of this situation. She planned on applying for 2013

I was just wondering how much did i damage her chances of getting in???

Members don't see this ad.

she has a 3.6 science gpa and is about to graduate with a biochemistry degree. volunteers at a hospital no prior arrests

has not taken mcat yet

I hope people here can help me find some answers. I would like to start by telling you I'm not applying to med school but my girlfriend is and its been her lifelong dream. I am here because of an incident that occurred a couple of weeks ago

two weeks ago me and my girlfriend got into a huge fight and the cops showed up and arrested her for domestic battery because of the report i gave them.Domestic battery is a misdemeanor but she is not going to be convicted of it and her record should be expunged

She is very distraught over the situation and feels her chances of getting into med school are greatly hindered. i feel extremely guilty and am trying to find outlets to get a better understanding of this situation. She planned on applying for 2013

I was just wondering how much did i damage her chances of getting in???

If the incident was truly expunged, it won't be seen.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some medical schools (a minority of schools) will ask about arrests on their secondary application. As long as she isn't convicted, then she won't need to report it on her primary application that is sent to all of her medical schools.

If the incident was truly expunged, it won't be seen.

This. Arrested but not convicted is good. She won't have to mention it if it doesn't show up on her record.

From AAMC:
Felonies and Misdemeanors: These sections of the application are intended to give you the opportunity to disclose and explain any felonies or misdemeanors that may appear on your record.
After the date of your submission of the AMCAS application and prior to your medical school matriculation, if you are convicted of, plead guilty, or no contest to a felony or misdemeanor crime, you must inform the admissions office of each medical school to which you have applied.

Individual schools may ask her to disclose it in the secondary so just be truthful and explain everything. They usually ask for any arrest, charge, investigation, etc.

PM me for details.