Article on Why AMA Now Supports Obamacare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kingofthehill

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently read that AMA sent a letter to Rep. Charles Rangel offering their support of the HR 3200 Obamacare bill. I was surprised, given their earlier opposition. So, I tried to find out WHY they changed their stance all of a sudden, and one article I found, published today on examiner.com, says power is the reason.

http://www.examiner.com/x-10183-DC-...supports-ObamaCare-Good-politics-or-treachery

Pay attention to the last 2 paragraphs of the article. Apparently, HR 3200 calls for this Obamacare program to be managed by a newly established federal bureaucratic entity led by none other than "a prominent officer of the AMA." As the author goes on to mention, this certainly would explain the weird change in stance of the AMA.

I tried to find another article that would back up this one, but I coudln't. The reason I was shocked to even hear AMA supports Obamacare is that they are perceived by the public to be a full representation of physicians, which we all know is not true, as the majority of physicians in the US aren't members; many are instead members of the AAPS, which is totally against the Obamacare bill.

Any thoughts? Does anyone think this story could be true?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for sharing such interesting article.

I don't think that this story is 100% true.

I can't take an article seriously with such a blatant disregard for proper English in the first paragraph. Bill (capitalized)? Literally under the bus? Really? What's. . up with this weird. punctuation stuff?